Need Reccomendation

majority1

Jan 9, 2005
I am travelling to Santo Domingo at the end or March. Can anyone reccomend me a decent hotel that is clean and allow guests to have visitors? Also if I stayed by the airport is it difficult or expensive to be taking taxis back and forth to Santo Domingo?

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
I think the only hotel close to the airport is a Quality Inn. They charge about $100US a night for a room and my GUESS is that they are not visitor friendly.

Boca Chica is close to the airport (about $20 by cab) and there are quiet a few visitor friendly hotels in the $40US price range. Costalunga, Garante International, and El Candil are a few that come to mind. It will cost about $30US for a cab to the Capital from Boca Chica.

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
A cab ride from the airport to Santo Domingo is around 900 pesos.

The Napolitano Hotel (in Santo Domingo) is guest friendly. But you need to pay an entrance fee for the guest.

I heard that there is a hotel right behind the Jaragua that is guest friendly and there is no entrance fee for the guest. But I forgot the name of it.

What is your budget for hotel stay?

If you like to enjoy the night life, then I recommend Santo Domingo. I went to a club called "G-Spot". A lot of nice looking men and women hang out there and dance.

China

Aug 25, 2005
Have you been to SD before or this is your first time? Hotels along the Malicon are VERY nice and, from my experience, charge the same rate for one person as they do for two. So your guest would not be a problem. These hotels are a little more pricey as well. What range are you looking for?

majority1

Jan 9, 2005
Thank you all for your assistance. I have visited Santo Domingo last year and stayed at the Barcelo Lina but had a friend from Puerto Plata staying with me while I was there. This time I am going solo. However, I was able to get a room there at a discount last summer but the price this year more than doubled to $120. I am looking for something in the $50 to $70 range. Also I plan to stay in Santo Domingo and visit Boca Chica one night while I am there. What club or clubs should I visit in Boca Chica?

Do you have the name of any of the hotels along the Malicon? Where is the club G-spot located?

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
majority1 said:
Thank you all for your assistance. I have visited Santo Domingo last year and stayed at the Barcelo Lina but had a friend from Puerto Plata staying with me while I was there. This time I am going solo. However, I was able to get a room there at a discount last summer but the price this year more than doubled to $120. I am looking for something in the $50 to $70 range. Also I plan to stay in Santo Domingo and visit Boca Chica one night while I am there. What club or clubs should I visit in Boca Chica?

Do you have the name of any of the hotels along the Malicon? Where is the club G-spot located?

I am sorry but I do not know the exact location of G-Spot. A taxi ride from the Malacon to the G-Spot club should be around 150 pesos.

In the Malacon, I have stayed at the Napolitano and Intercontinental Hotel.

Napolitano is around $85 (plus tax and all additional fees) per night. I think it is best to ask what their rates are.

The Intercontinental is close to $100 per night (plus tax and all additional fees). But I would rather pay $15 more and stay at the Intercontinental. It is a much better and cleaner hotel than the Napolitano.

At the Intercontinental, they have a very nice breakfast buffet (which is free) with a variety of drinks (orange juice, watermelon juice, fruit punch, etc.), bread, and other things (yogurt, scrambled eggs, ham, sausage, potato, muffins, cupcakes, donuts, white bread, wheat bread, cakes, etc.) to eat.

In the lounge, there is a nice internet room. The first 15 minutes is free. 30 minutes of usage is 200 pesos.

The swimming pool is very nice. A lot of flight attendents hang out there. :bunny: :D

There are many hotels along the Malacon that are cheaper. But I do not know the names of them. There is one hotel right behind the Jaragua Hotel that is around $40 to $50 per night. But I forgot the name of it.

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
I forgot to add,

There are so many nice clubs in Santo Domingo.

G-Spot was nice because there were so many beautiful girls and the drinks were served quickly. :D

So I guess it is best to ask which clubs are best to visit!!! :bunny: