Need some computer help...

Advance System CARE by Iobit.com works wonders with malware removal, Registry cleaners.

Marco from Rocky's in Sosua recommended I use it, did and never had any more problems, at first
I was hesitant, but Marco said " whatever it says do it "
He knows his stuff!

I am now using Version 8.

davetuna

Bronze
Jun 19, 2012
Cabarete, Dominican Republic
lol,

mac user become something similar to roman gods.........in as much as they look down on the pc users with their viruses and compatability issues.........mac users offer the best advice, which is to 'get a mac' , and other gods let out a little sigh, a nod of agreement, knowledge of a higher life.........a life without sickness, a life where all facets can be integrated.......the gods know................they just know.

Jul 28, 2014
Advance System CARE by Iobit.com works wonders with malware removal, Registry cleaners.

Marco from Rocky's in Sosua recommended I use it, did and never had any more problems, at first
I was hesitant, but Marco said " whatever it says do it "
He knows his stuff!

I am now using Version 8.

Well, you do it your way... But as someone who works for I.T. in a gov, If my machine was riddled with spyware, I'd be wiping it to KNOW its now clean, especially if you EVER did any kind of financial transactions on your PC.

And FYI - MAC enthusiasts, they get hit also, judge the info from here as you will:
In their words: Experts weigh in on Mac vs. PC security - CNET

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Perhaps money is an issue???

Think how much money and lost time PC users spend fixing malware and virus issues.

If you do the numbers, you will see that the cost of ownership of a Mac is better than a comparable spec PC when you take into account lost time, frustration and re-sale value. Plus if you have AppleCare, you can take it into any Apple store on the planet, if they cannot fix it on the spot in store, they will replace it.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Well, you do it your way... But as someone who works for I.T. in a gov, If my machine was riddled with spyware, I'd be wiping it to KNOW its now clean, especially if you EVER did any kind of financial transactions on your PC.

And FYI - MAC enthusiasts, they get hit also, judge the info from here as you will:
In their words: Experts weigh in on Mac vs. PC security - CNET

10+yrs I have been using Mac's and NEVER had a problem. I know hundreds of Mac users and I have yet to hear of anyone getting a virus or malware. Look at how many posts we have had on this board with PC users having issues, and we are not even a PC related website :)

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
When the construction is finished on my apartment in the Campo, I am going to be setting up 2 complete Mac systems.
When the children come to my home in Santiago, they use my computer all day and night, and when they are finished, I have to run all my Malware to eliminate tons of crap they picked up in the course of a days use.
Having Mac for them to use in the Campo will be a blessing for me.............

Jul 28, 2014
10+yrs I have been using Mac's and NEVER had a problem. I know hundreds of Mac users and I have yet to hear of anyone getting a virus or malware. Look at how many posts we have had on this board with PC users having issues, and we are not even a PC related website :)

Run Linux, get no viruses and the operating system is free, both problems of price and virus are fixed ...

May 5, 2007
I've been having problems with Google Chrome/Windows 8 compatibility for quite some time.

Every time Windows goes through their update process it gets worse.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Chrome and that's worked until now.

Not sure if it's related but have talked with two people who have had similar issues, turned out to be something called "Vosteran" that attached to Chrome toolbar

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Run Linux, get no viruses and the operating system is free, both problems of price and virus are fixed ...

Most of the software I use will not run on Linux.
Most home users just want a stupid simple setup that works, that's not Linux, I know, I admin our Linux/Red Hat servers at DR1 :)

Jul 28, 2014
Most home users just want a stupid simple setup that works, that's not Linux, I know, I admin our Linux/Red Hat servers at DR1 :)

Emulator within called WINE, runs windows apps, also, you can set up a dual boot, pick at startup which O/S you prefer, Linux for your surfing/nefarious pleasures, or Windows for those apps you "just can't seem to give up"

Jul 28, 2014

If you truly had any real time/exposure/usage with Linux, you'd know you can run Windows apps within it with WINE. I've been a Linux user for 15 years, started when Red Hat was about 4.0....