Needed: English to Spanish professional translation

pyratt

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
Hi,

From time to time and especially today I need to get marketing messages and ad copy translated into Spanish, only to find that it is not as easy as you would think if you've never tried it.

For example today I am trying to a simple confirmation letter for a timeshare compaign and I am stuck on phrases like "old fashioned hospitality" and "Open House"

or how 'bout this whopper:

"you are also going to receive two tickets to Arabian Nights dinner show, the show that brings a fairy tale to life on horseback"

I cannot come up with anything that makes sense in Spanish, and the locals who have tried their hand at it have not been able to come up with anything intelligible in Spanish.

They are simply not able to grasp US market-speak and come up with a reasonable Spanish equivelant.

Is anyone aware of a professional service that does this kind of translation?
Wow, sounds like you're selling timeshares in Orlando! Try going a round about way....you get a free dinner and show....

Lily00

Dec 3, 2008
"old fashioned hospitality"
Recepcion a la antigua

"Open House"
it's the same word in spanish, everyone will understand it

"you are also going to receive two tickets to Arabian Nights dinner show, the show that brings a fairy tale to life on horseback"
Tambien usted recibir? dos boletas a la cena show Noches de Arabia, el show que hace de la equitacion un cuento de hadas

If you need more help, just send me a message or email me.

Llily

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
professional translation

Hi,

From time to time and especially today I need to get marketing messages and ad copy translated into Spanish, only to find that it is not as easy as you would think if you've never tried it.

For example today I am trying to a simple confirmation letter for a timeshare compaign and I am stuck on phrases like "old fashioned hospitality" and "Open House"

or how 'bout this whopper:

I cannot come up with anything that makes sense in Spanish, and the locals who have tried their hand at it have not been able to come up with anything intelligible in Spanish.

They are simply not able to grasp US market-speak and come up with a reasonable Spanish equivelant.

Is anyone aware of a professional service that does this kind of translation?

I used this George Mendoza who is a certified professional translator- referred by another member here. He was very professional, great work and meets is promise times...i will pm you his contact