New and Important Info on Satellite TV in DR - Charlie (DN) going N3

lajackael

Dec 12, 2004
pages.prodigy.net
Rubio,
I followed your instructions to the letter. I have the Nfusion HD and It worked. I used to pay for what I find "NOW" interesting.
Thanks for for the heads up..........BTW... it was "EASY" all that it took was enough nerve to be "green" and take a chance. But the "worst" I could have gotten was a black screen...which is what I started with. The way i did it was to take "photos" of my settings with a camera.

Feb 7, 2007
Rubio,
I followed your instructions to the letter. I have the Nfusion HD and It worked. I used to pay for what I find "NOW" interesting.
Thanks for for the heads up..........BTW... it was "EASY" all that it took was enough nerve to be "green" and take a chance. But the "worst" I could have gotten was a black screen...which is what I started with. The way i did it was to take "photos" of my settings with a camera.

Glad the instructions were of some help

The updated list of channels is being kept here
http://www.dummychat.com/showthread.php?t=5606

We should see lots more channels before the end of this week.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Is the Nfusion NOVA dead?

If so, will it be dead forever?

OU812

Jun 15, 2009
NFusion is only good for Bev not DN right now)..The best box right now and perhaps in the future (Depending if others, Viewsat..) go IKS...The Sonic View with IHUB will run you about 8,850 peso's. The box should not run you more than $140.00 US and the IHUB $99.00 US. If somebody tries to charge you more besides shipping, don't buy it! As of now, there are no known cloned IHUB's, but be careful of a cloned S.V. I found an authorized dealer here in Santo Domingo referred by S.V via their website..There are over 200 channels of DN and Bev, so together, you still get over 400 channels where right now your most likely in the dark...I plan on doing my purchase next Month. But a word or warning...They can track you by your IP address, just like a computer since you will need to be connected all the time to the Internet. But the good news is, I doubt very much that they are working on the DR location when they have millions to track in the US. Its a no worry.. anyway..If they did come knocking on your door, just disconnect since their server always will change your IP address when you reconnect.

Hope this helps some..

Noel

Feb 7, 2007
Nfusion has DN opened, your information is incorrect, and B3V is impossible to get in the DR. What is not working is Nfusion Nova.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
DN=dish network ?
Nova is another satellite system like dish-network or DirecTV? or is it a type of receiver?

DN does stand for Dish Network

Nova is a model of the nFusion receivers as stated by Rubio.

Norteman

Dec 15, 2008
General Instrument

I am a little uneducated when it comes to Dishes and cable boxes here in the DR.I was referred by a neighbour to a guy who works for telecable and he installed and sold me a cable box called General Instrument GFT 2200 back about 3 months ago. I paid 3000pesos i believe and it had issues once and he came and corretced for 500p and so far its working but not a lot of english channels and has semi regular scramble interference.
Whats the simplest most cost effective system to get the most english movies channels here.i live in mirador norte area.
Thanks in advance for any feedback!

Feb 7, 2007
Norteman, most likely they sold you a hacked cable box. GI sells cable boxes, and 2k to 3k pesos is a going price for pirated cable boxes. Has nothing to do with satellite. You will get only that programming that the cable system to which you connect the box carries. Hope everything is well for you.

Norteman

Dec 15, 2008
Satelite dish or cable

I live in a small apartment building where i am on the top floor with private roof access. My question is; there are about 3 people in the building all looking for new cable or satelite. Is it possible to buy one dish for rooftop and one receiver box and split for three seperate users? Is ther one time fee options like cards similar to the blackmarket ones in canada, or is it pay as you go

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
I live in a small apartment building where i am on the top floor with private roof access. My question is; there are about 3 people in the building all looking for new cable or satelite. Is it possible to buy one dish for rooftop and one receiver box and split for three seperate users? Is ther one time fee options like cards similar to the blackmarket ones in canada, or is it pay as you go
Who would maintain the satellite system.
You would need three (3) receivers.

If you went satellite, it would be best to be a paying customer of DirecTV, DISH or SKY.
Free TV at this time is VERY limited.
And a pain to share with others, you would be pestered extensively by the others.

SantiagoDR

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
My satellite guy came today and loaded new software on my nfusion HD, now I get about 60 or 80 channels, including CNN, Hist, ESPN, HBo's, Starz, USA HD, SciFi HD, etc.

Better than watching Cofresi Cable.

Feb 7, 2007
You actually get 140 channels with nfusion (as of July 17) if you have dish pointed to both 110w and 119w satellites. That includes 10 video on demand channels (pay per view movies) as of today.

For updated list of channels you can can always go to Dummy Chat Forum Support Site

Feb 7, 2007
New channels added last night and today to D!$_h on nfusion!

Over 210 channels working, including all Discoveries, Natgeo, ESPNs, HBO, Showtime, Max, Starz, also working NY locals (8100 range), plus Spanish channels and some internationals. Also 3 XXX channels working and 10 Video on Demand movie channels. Seeveral HD channels.

For a complete list go to D_N_List on Nfusion

No freezing reported.
Units working: Solaris, Phoenix, HD. NOVA not working!

suequito

Oct 19, 2007
Hi, I'm moving back to DR (SD) from Costa Rica in September, I'm thinking of bringing my SKY dish (3 ft, already paid for) with me on the container. Def not interested in Sky anymore or any LATAM programming (for that I would stick to cable). I would say I will go for sports and basic US cable channels (ABC,CBS,NBC,CNN,FOX,HGTV,FN), hopefully some HD to put the Bravia to good use. Is it worth the hassle to take this little Dish to DR or should I start from scratch. I've researched Claro, Wind, Telecable and for what they charge vs. what they provide, they should all be ilegal. How much will it cost to start from scratch? 10k? 20k? any good pro contacts in SD? are the cats advertising in Diario Libre reliable (their advertising seems a bit amateur, just wondering if anyone has used them)? really appreciate all your answers

Last edited: