New Bivalent COVID Vax: Coming to The D.R.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucas61

Jun 13, 2014
retired English teacher (30 years)
Hello All.

The purpose of this post is to ask members to keep their eyes and ears open for any news regarding the new bivalent COVID vax, both Moderna and Pfizer, that the CDC recently approved for Emergency Use Authorization. Is it coming here? The questions would be: Yes or No, and if Yes, when?

If we don't hear any reports from the national news media, I will communicate with PAI directly and ask. Speaking for myself, if it will not be available here, I will buy a RT ticket to the U.S. for this single purpose.. Clearly I would like to avoid that! It's still early in the game. What I glean from U.S. news is that funding for robust dissemination is not in the offing, and it remains to be seen how effectively and to what extent the vaccine will be disseminated throughtout the states. My guess is that if the dissemination is not robust in the U.S. that that will decrease the likelihood that it will come here but that's only a hunch. There are probably other variables.

Lucas61

Jun 13, 2014

Lucas61

Jun 13, 2014
4 shots? Per https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-...interim-considerations-us.html#covid-vaccines it looks to me like this is a boost, so ONE injection AFTER completion of monovalent primary series. By the way, this is current information as of Setptember 2, 2022 and the bivalent vaccination is specifically mentioned.
OP: Additionally, here is the URL for PAI: https://pai.msp.gob.do/ The contact methods are phone, FB, Instagram, or if you live in Sto. Dom. you could go there directly and communicate with management. It's early yet. If I don't hear anything by October, I'll follow up then.

Reactions: Lafcadio
Status
Not open for further replies.