New Cars/SUVs Registered in the DR in 2017

In 2017, did you or someone you know bought or registered a vehicle in the DR?

• Yes, a 2017 or 2018 model.

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Yes, a 2016 or older model.

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • No

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • No, but I rented a car/suv.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
The hard part is finding a good used vehicle in DR. It is really easy to do in the US & Canada, even buying from a personal party.
Here in DR you may need an experienced guide to help you.
Nah, not that hard. Good cars are out there. You just have to know your stuff and do some digging.

I'm about to pull the trigger on a garage-kept 8 y.o. SUV with under 30,000 actual, verifiable miles on it, literally owned by a little old lady who no longer wants to drive.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Nah, not that hard. Good cars are out there. You just have to know your stuff and do some digging.

I'm about to pull the trigger on a garage-kept 8 y.o. SUV with under 30,000 actual, verifiable miles on it, literally owned by a little old lady who no longer wants to drive.

I've seen a ton of great deals here. Some of them are just plain dumb luck. They're out there. One just has to be patient.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I've seen a ton of great deals here. Some of them are just plain dumb luck. They're out there. One just has to be patient.

plain dumb luck is seeing great cars when you are in the market for one. it does not help to see the cream puff two days after you bought a car..

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
plain dumb luck is seeing great cars when you are in the market for one. it does not help to see the cream puff two days after you bought a car..
Not always. That's why I have 4 cars. LOL

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
literally owned by a little old lady who no longer wants to drive.

happens. i am that old lady too ;) bought our sahara from my MIL who had it as a secondary car. it's a secondary car for us too, i drive it maybe once a month and we use it for longer trips or when carrying heavier load.

Goldveen

Sep 21, 2020
USA, Virginia, Ashburn
Used cars are not necessarily a sign of poverty any more than a new one is a sign of wealth, maybe just debt.

I have only bought two new vehicles in my life - both pickup trucks. I have the money for a nice brand car if I wanted - but I don't mind a scratch or not having a backup camera or the latest shiny object (Heck I'm going to scratch it too).
I understand that some Dominicans want new cars, because frankly most people in DR don't maintain a car and some beat the heck out of them, so a new one gives them peace of mind.

The hard part is finding a good used vehicle in DR. It is really easy to do in the US & Canada, even buying from a personal party.
Here in DR you may need an experienced guide to help you.
But anyway new car is a new car