new in Sosua, need advices!

Uncledee295

Apr 6, 2005
Get in touch

Hi My name is Calvin and I will be in Sosua on April 26th in the evening around 4:00 pm. Let me know how to get in touch and I will hang out with you and have a presidente. Until Sosua, take care.

purefolie said:
Hi everyone!

I adress my post to the ones who live in Sosua or know well this area. I am coming to DR on April 19th and I rented an apartment at Bella Vista on calle Ayuntamiento for 3 months. I don't know anyone there, so I would need some advices like: where is the internet shop? Where to purchase the 20L bottle of water? The best supermarket (and cheapest of course)? Is there a place where the expats meet at night to take a meal or a good capuccino? You know I need to know the basis...
I am sure I will meet great people there and enjoy my trip, but I don't want to be only surrounded by sankies ( :bandit:) when I'll arrive there you know!
So if there is any good soul to help me... I'll apreciate!
Mel

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Tap water

purefolie said:
I also have a question regarding the water... as I know you cannot drink it, I was wondering if you can use it for kitchening (to cook the pastas, to rince the vegetables, etc.) or you always need to use bottle water?
I bought a liquid that can make any water potable, but I wonder if it is very necessary...
Mel
Hey Mel,
The tap water has a certain flavour, that even if you used a chemical in it to make it potable, leaves a slightly unpleasant taste.
There used to be a small restaurant on main street that used a water purifier, and the tea would always taste like glue.
We buy water in 5 gallon jugs for less than a buck, so even if you went through a couple of them per week, it would cost less than 10 bucks per month to be safe.

purefolie

Apr 1, 2005
water

Rocky said:
Hey Mel,
The tap water has a certain flavour, that even if you used a chemical in it to make it potable, leaves a slightly unpleasant taste.
There used to be a small restaurant on main street that used a water purifier, and the tea would always taste like glue.
We buy water in 5 gallon jugs for less than a buck, so even if you went through a couple of them per week, it would cost less than 10 bucks per month to be safe.

Very good to know, thanks. One dollar is very cheap (in the hotels they sell a 150ml dor 2.50$!! )Do you get this 5 gallon at the supermercado?

And Calvin check your PM!

Mel

purefolie

Apr 1, 2005
Dawnwil

Larry said:
Melissa, do you know what you are getting yourself into here? Have you seen Escotts picture? It is in a thread titled "Sankies Reveled" (yes it's a misspelling). Take a look.

Maybe you will meet Dawnwil and she will let you have a look at her asss too. I think just about everyone has seen it. Have fun!

Larry

Hey Larry what is this story about Dawnwil??!! You gotta tell me more now!

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
purefolie said:
Very good to know, thanks. One dollar is very cheap (in the hotels they sell a 150ml dor 2.50$!! )Do you get this 5 gallon at the supermercado?

And Calvin check your PM!

Mel
They sell them in colmados and supermarkets. It's a recyclable container, for which you have a 150 or 200 pesos deposit the first time, then you return the bottle with the new purchase and just pay for the water.
As for Dawn's a s s, well, I do have some pics.....

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
Larry said:
Maybe you will meet Dawnwil and she will let you have a look at her asss too. I think just about everyone has seen it. Have Larry

Larry, I can't wait to see how you get out of this one!

dawnwil

Bronze
Aug 27, 2003
don't worry, Cyabye, no getting out of it.

Larry's a$$ is grass, as some sometimes say. :)

Purefolie, it would be pure folly to ask Larry for more 'info'.

I'll tell you the whole sordid tail... I mean, tale, when you arrive.

Okey donkey?

... at Rocky's, I presume?

heheh

purefolie

Apr 1, 2005
Of course as I am coming this tuesday, time goes so quickly!!
By the way, I really like your play on words!!!!

See this week in Rocky's then!
Mel

dawnwil said:
Larry's a$$ is grass, as some sometimes say. :)

Purefolie, it would be pure folly to ask Larry for more 'info'.

I'll tell you the whole sordid tail... I mean, tale, when you arrive.

Okey donkey?

... at Rocky's, I presume?

heheh

Sammy Boy

Apr 28, 2005
Florida boy is a comin

I will be in puerta plata/sosua the first week and ahalf of june. Where is the best night life at and where do the hot chicas hang out? Me and my bud are looking to have a good time. HELP

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Sammy Boy said:
I will be in puerta plata/sosua the first week and ahalf of june. Where is the best night life at and where do the hot chicas hang out? Me and my bud are looking to have a good time. HELP
Dude, there are "hot chicks" everywhere.
The later you go out looking to meet them, the more it will cost you.
Discos abound all over the place and they are meat markets. Go to the discos and you will meet the hardest core high priced ladies of the night.
Meet a nice young lady during the day time, someone with a job, or goes to university, and you will have a good time.