Jul 11, 2007
Curious myself.

Looking forward to a finance thread.

Go ahead. Carlito's Way. :smoke:

JasonD

Bronze
Feb 10, 2018
Carlos will be an excellent Mod.......
And the answer to your question is yes.........

I've interacted with him as poster once, not a bad impression but what makes him such potentially excellent mod in your opinion?

I'm just taken that so many are so happy to see a new moderator, any problems with the existent ones?

I don't have a dog in the fight either way.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
I've interacted with him as poster once, not a bad impression but what makes him such potentially excellent mod in your opinion?

I'm just taken that so many are so happy to see a new moderator, any problems with the existent ones?

I don't have a dog in the fight either way.

You haven't been a member here long enough to really get to know any of our posters.........
On the other hand, Carlos has been a respected member of the dr1 community for 16 years.......
The majority of Carlos posts are in Off Topic, which you don't have access to until you reach 500 posts..........
So your interaction with Carlos as you described, "once", is not nearly enough to form any pre-judgment......
No problems with any of dr1's Moderators, a Mod was needed to fill vacancies and Carlos fit the bill.........
Q & A time is over, please direct any more questions about Carlos, through PM, to Robert......

JasonD

Bronze
Feb 10, 2018
You haven't been a member here long enough to really get to know any of our posters.........
On the other hand, Carlos has been a respected member of the dr1 community for 16 years.......
The majority of Carlos posts are in Off Topic, which you don't have access to until you reach 500 posts..........
So your interaction with Carlos as you described, "once", is not nearly enough to form any pre-judgment......
No problems with any of dr1's Moderators, a Mod was needed to fill vacancies and Carlos fit the bill.........
Q & A time is over, please direct any more questions about Carlos, through PM, to Robert......

Thanks. You have answered ALL questions and now I do see WHY people are so happy to see this Carlos as NEW moderator.

Your pompous attitude as a moderator yourself tells it all.

This I have not yet seen from Carlos so agree, I believe he'll do very well. Thanks

ps: why do moderators (some) keep a clock on posters around here? :confused:

Last edited:

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
Yeas, confused.

Enjoy the weekend and see you too in OT??? :confused:whatever that may be?

Jason, After 500 posts you have access to the Off Topic section of DR1. Your not restricted to DR only postings or discussions. This can result in highly politized opinion postings, like the Trump thread. Despite that there is a lot of good information in the OT thread. Same social rules apply and OT has moderaters that try to keep things at a civil level and they aren’t shy about infractions and removing insulting posts. Enjoy it for what it is. I do and I never take it personally. 

JasonD

Bronze
Feb 10, 2018
Glad that I could bring smiles to some of you faces, some do need it. Its the weekend folks, lighten up!

JasonD

Bronze
Feb 10, 2018
Jason, After 500 posts you have access to the Off Topic section of DR1. Your not restricted to DR only postings or discussions. This can result in highly politized opinion postings, like the Trump thread. Despite that there is a lot of good information in the OT thread. Same social rules apply and OT has moderaters that try to keep things at a civil level and they aren’t shy about infractions and removing insulting posts. Enjoy it for what it is. I do and I never take it personally.

Thanks. No much into the testosterone challenge so for now I will pass on this OT?? :confused: offer.

Having enough fun as is with the "normal" topic part of the forums as provided by (this is awkward) the NON normal, OT?? moderators, what gives?

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
Thanks. No much into the testosterone challenge so for now I will pass on this OT?? :confused: offer.

Having enough fun as is with the "normal" topic part of the forums as provided by (this is awkward) the NON normal, OT?? moderators, what gives?

DR1 was set up to allow expats, long and short stay tourists, and DR locals to share expertise and common experiences, everything from how to get citizenship to where to buy a certain type of product. There is a large knowledge base dealing with staying safe here. Between that and my DR expat and local friends, I’ve been able to spend many winters here and not get into trouble. There is also a need on DR1 to have a site where non DR issues from politics at home sports to books and everything in between, can be discussed, hence the OT site. When you get your 500 posts and access the OT posting site, you will see the many topics available for discussion. Any major world event usually triggers a lovely discussion. I lost my literary virginity on the OT site many moons ago. Best advice I can give you is don’t post when your angry. Saw a decal on the dash of an aircraft one time that said,”Engage brain before starting engine”. Same could be said of the OT site where you should always, “Engage your brain before starting mouth”. Lol!

JasonD

Bronze
Feb 10, 2018
 Saw a decal on the dash of an aircraft one time that said,”Engage brain before starting engine”.

Music to my ears.

Thanks Economan, much appreciate the input, I'll pass on it for now. No need for cyber penis discussions in my life and I see just by gauging the responses from two of this OT forum moderators that the "I am better than you" attitude is the norm there.

I rather stay here, more civilized on this side.