New Photos of Barahona to Bahia de las Aguilas

karienina

Jan 18, 2006
Beautiful pictures, your trip report came just in time, I'm doing the same route this weekend and I'm including the mines and Villa Mar?a, never heard of them.
Thanks a lot.

PGerace

Feb 16, 2002
Gracias Karienina, but caution about the ride up the larimar mines. It was a rough trip up-loose gravel, steep at times, bad road-and once there the mines were in a steep hillside to walk up. If you are in good physical condition you can handle it. I can recommend a guide if you want. Just send me an e.mail. I know you will enjoy that part of the country.
Paul

PGerace

Feb 16, 2002
a few more images

Gracias Canadian Bob. Encouraged by the positive feedback I just posted a few more images. Enjoy!
Paul

CarpeDReam

Feb 17, 2006
I hope you find good use for these pictures; it would be a shame not to share it with the world at a grander scale. I'll say it again, they are truly amazing--I haven't been to the southwest but after seeing those pictures, it will be a must on my next trip. You're truly talented.

Feb 15, 2005
Great pictures Paul. There are indications that development is beginning in the area of Barahona. Most notible around the area of what's called "La Vuelta de Cabino" which is a U-shaped curve with a long gulley heading to the beach. There you will see signs that the area is getting ready for the push of new development. You can see addition pictures on castillosdelcaribe.com.