New renewal procedures for Pemanent-Residents(under 10 year residency) ?

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
We have to remember that the DR has some dependency to some countries, in terms of financial help (USA), donations (Japan & Europe), energy (Venezuela), and some others. I think it would not take much to pressure for the DR to relax things, at least for the citizens of those countries. Diplomacy has a way to work these things out. Of course, citizens have to complain to their consulates for anything to happen.

Hispanola

Feb 4, 2011
1 year provisional + 6 years permanent = 7 years.
------------------------------------------------------

Next question: what do you want to be when you grow-up Hispanola ?

answer:

Not a Dominican citizen.

Hispanola

Feb 4, 2011
Come to think of it I probably have even less than 7 years as I always for some reason renew at-least one month before the expiration date, and the last time I renewed it was 45 days before the expiration date.

I have no idea why I do that, maybe just too anxious.

Hispanola

Feb 4, 2011
Do you (or anyone else) know if the list of requirements is different for people that have been legal residents for more than 10 years?

Originally was told on dr1 people over 10 years will get a Defenativa Card, but now not so sure about that.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Originally was told on dr1 people over 10 years will get a Defenativa Card, but now not so sure about that.

My next renewal would put me over the 10 year point, but I don't think anyone can guess what is happening on that level of residency right now.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Come to think of it I probably have even less than 7 years as I always for some reason renew at-least one month before the expiration date, and the last time I renewed it was 45 days before the expiration date.

I have no idea why I do that, maybe just too anxious.

I was en serio... I am 1 yr temp 2008-9 and then my second renewal yhis year before the problem

Next visit will be 2014.... 6yrs

5 years sounds like a number to me...:rolleyes:

Hispanola

Feb 4, 2011
Well if your next renewal is 4 years from now then not only should you not guess, but you shouldn't even occupy your mind with it.

Because I was told by an old Indian chief that the world is ending on: 21,12,2012.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
Well if your next renewal is 4 years from now then not only should you not guess, but you shouldn't even occupy your mind with it.

Because I was told by an old Indian chief that the world is ending on: 21,12,2012.

I am cancelling my lawyer... but if the world does not end on that date....

And cancelling the christmass turkey...

BelgianK

Hispanola

Feb 4, 2011
I am cancelling my lawyer... but if the world does not end on that date....

And cancelling the christmass turkey...

BelgianK

Seriously dude, why on earth do you even need a lawyer for a simple renewal procedure that is thouroughly explained to you by the very nice ladies working in Migracion.