New Subway Resturant opened in SD

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Everything foreign is more expensive here, including food franchises.

When we were there a huge refrigerated container was being unloaded. I suspect most meat ingredients are imported as well as the franchise required paper goods.

Raises the prices considerably.

Maybe the meat at Subway's is imported but not at Fuddrucker's.. I am pretty sure that I still know the difference between US beef and local whatever it is called. The local hamburger I can eat only in meatloaf or chili. There is some sort of taste in it that I just do not like. And I would think that since hamburger is Fuddrucker's only product, they would use US beef.

Went to Chilii's and the ribs were great. And I would easly go back but the prices there made it more like dining out at the finest restuarant in town, which being a gringo, I just don't consider it.

Applebee's is opening soon. Guess I will try it.

I do love Subway's but have not yet been to the new one's here. Hope they make it.

Quizno's here was a disappointment. Guess I was expecting the buffet.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Maybe the meat at Subway's is imported but not at Fuddrucker's.. I am pretty sure that I still know the difference between US beef and local whatever it is called. The local hamburger I can eat only in meatloaf or chili./QUOTE]

We buy the 80/20 ground beef from PriceSmart and it is every bit as good as US ground beef.

The 95% lean stuff...the "best" ground beef in most stores...is flavorless.

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
Update on this thread, Subway at the Plaza SD hours now has changed as follows:

fF7UZKol.jpg

arrugala

Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
anyone who has ever eaten bread of a decent quality would HARDLY call Subways a great submarine .. More like. Plastercine ( pasty ) . The fact that its likely better than most fast food ( maybe) does not place this in any category that conjures up decent food ...its not even cheap here ! And pay credit card rates??? You have to be joking ! Only in America

Last edited: