New Traffic Road Markings in the Capital

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
I do agree education is essential along with meaningful long term enforcement, but there is an aggressiveness that is always evident when driving around. Big truck, big car and it seems to bring out machoism to the extreme.

Can you educate that out of the Dominicano? I wonder. After any education you would have to rigorously enforce fine and ban.

All these measures are a good if modest start along with some of the changes to various roads in the capital. But until they start fining every driver who crosses on a red light for example, I am skeptical of long term improvements and choose to drive and recommend others to drive defensively at all times with time at your disposal.

Education is essential, but the long term enforcement of the traffic laws not sure will happen, remember too many laws and not enough enforcement. Education will also have to include parking! the parking rule here is where ever you want too. thats why we have so many 2 lane streets that can only handle 1 lane. also imagine how it would be if they enforced the no parking within 10m of a corner. or parking on sidewalks, I could go on and on

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
http://www.diariolibre.com/noticias...nseuntes-durante-operativos-de-amet-BA4288355

I do hope AMET keep on the front foot dealing with motorists who commit infractions.

They have been warning motorists for weeks that a 'placa' must be displayed on the vehicle and have been impounding vehicles. The reaction of the guy is typical; he knowingly has committed an offence but is pleading for leniency.

The license plate issues are more complicate than we think it is...
The dealers where this people buy the motorcicles are not
Realeasing the legal documentation to impuestos internos
In order to skip some kind of tax paiments...

This is the mean reazon most motoristas can't get a registration
Even when the financement have been fully paid.

JJ

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004

JJ

yea but this guy is not a motorista. he had no excuse

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
yea but this guy is not a motorista. he had no excuse

You are right, motorist refers to the conductor of any motorized vehicle... In DR motorista is a person riding a motorcicle.

JJ

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
in less than 3 hours on only one of the marked intersections AMET have 350 "educational fines"...
http://www.listindiario.com/la-repu...morales-en-solo-una-interseccion-del-distrito
after a month, they will start issuing real ones, apparently...
We saw NUMEROUS AMET agents giving tickets at those intersections yesterday, and a large number of mass traffic stops for documents.

Keep in mind recently the gubmint clearly let it be known they need more cheese, so why not do what works in towns across the fruited plains of Good Ol' 'Murica: fine traffic scofflaws and those who don't have proper registration & insurance. Easy pickings, and who knows: might even make the traffic less hectic. Maybe they'll do safety inspections next and get those crop dusters off the streets...or at least with working lights and brakes.

It could be worse for said scofflaws, however. AMET could have actual police cruisers, complete with gasoline, and make stops of moving violations... :cheeky:

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004

JJ
Tax payments on new imported motorcycles are paid before Adaunas releases them.

alexw

Gold
Sep 6, 2008
NYC-SDQ BABY!
they need more traffic lights here. i will never understand why there arent any traffic lights on the main streets. or there is one every 7 miles or so

it seems like the simple things are so complicated here.