New TSA Regulations for electronic devices

agomera

Nov 16, 2005
Hello everyone,

I'm flying SDQ-JFK-SLC (Jetblue) on friday morning, and I just saw this Article on USA Today: TSA fine tunes security checkpoint procedures - USATODAY.com

Have any of you traveled this week and experienced those new regulations? I would like to know if it will be stressfull in JFK to go through the security with my "must have on my laptop case" electronic devices?

Thanks,

Aldo

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
the TSA rules only affect XBoxes, Playstations and larger-type electronics. I suspect you will have no problems in your travels unless you are a 'power user' who cannot do without the toys while away from home base, according to Norm Brewer of the TSA, as quoted in the article. If your toyz are loaded into your laptop device, it should not be extraordinarily stressful.

agomera

Nov 16, 2005
Thanks, let's see what happens. Hopefully CESA doesn't care about those regulations and don't start to make us remove the electronic devices cause it will be a pain in some place around the body :cheeky:

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Cesa

One never knows what CESA may do with any certainty but as a rule they are not obligated to adhere to what the TSA does, they make their own decisions, but also as a rule they follow the guidelines from TSA, ICAO or IATA. It may take them a few days or weeks, but they'll generally follow.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Lets see what they say when I carry on an inverter.