New Wave of Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
A new wave of coronavirus infections is rapidly spreading through Asia, prompting warnings for residents from New Zealand to Japan to take precautions to slow the outbreak and help prevent healthcare systems from being overwhelmed. We explain why the COVID BA.5 variant is reinfecting so many people.

How long before the DR orders a new round of vaccines, etc, etc, etc, rinse and repeat?

D'Arcy (Apostropheman)

Karma, it's worth waiting for ;)
Apr 10, 2022
Here and there
It's a Worldwide issue. It's not like we weren't warned or this was not predicted ages ago ;)

I still carry/wear a mask, have all the shots that I'm able to get, and will continue for as long as needed. I've also not had Covid nor has anyone else that I know of who followed the protocols, including many medical/frontline staff.....although some have claimed or assumed that they have but have not bothered to get tested to be sure.

Those that are in denial, who are reluctant or unwilling to effectively look after themselves will always be at risk, and restricted. That's a good thing for the rest of us ;)

D'Arcy (Apostropheman)

Apr 10, 2022
Here and there
Not really a good thing for the rest of us, because we all have to suffer the same restrictions etc.
There is a clear choice: follow Science or think that we know better and suffer.

I don't find the masks, distancing, or even curfews or other guidelines to be "restrictive" enough to complain about or to fight if I continue to not be sick. I get that not all agree, and that's their choice...but they're much more likely to get sick, have complications, and suffer or even die.

I know people that were deathly ill from Covid, ended up intubated in ICU and almost died and others that did die, and they all disregarded the guidelines and regretted it.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
There is a clear choice: follow Science or think that we know better and suffer.

I don't find the masks, distancing, or even curfews or other guidelines to be "restrictive" enough to complain about or to fight if I continue to not be sick.
Thank god both the overwhelming majority of Dominicans along with the Dominican government disagree with you.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I still see many Dominicans wearing masks, many outdoors walking by themselves wearing a mask, shoppers in stores masked, employees masked, guys on bikes alone masked up. They take it seriously.
I see very few Dominicans wearing masks. Very few on the bus to Santo Domingo and back this week. Almost none where we went shopping. Very few in the government office waiting area which was 75% full where I met Julio Lugo's father and Juan Marichal. Only the office staff were wearing masks.

I did see a few walking outside with masks on. Probably because of the Saharan dust.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

I don't find the masks, distancing, or even curfews or other guidelines to be "restrictive" enough to complain about or to fight if I continue to not be sick. I get that not all agree, and that's their choice...but they're much more likely to get sick, have complications, and suffer or even die.

I know people that were deathly ill from Covid, ended up intubated in ICU and almost died and others that did die, and they all disregarded the guidelines and regretted it.
I don't find the science about mask wearing to be sufficient in blocking a virus such as the new CV19 variants that mutated after it escaped from the lab in Wuhan to be worth while to wear them. It is just far too contagious.

Even Dr Fauci has had CV19 and I expect he actually knows what types of mask work best and how to wear them. To no avail.

As for my question on when the DR will by millions of new generation vaccines, that was a serious question.

CV19 is here, there and everywhere to stay. Sorry about the very sick and dead you knew. I also know of a few people who were not well who got CV19 and died.

Reactions: Big and NotLurking

Gadfly

Jul 7, 2016
I see very few Dominicans wearing masks. Very few on the bus to Santo Domingo and back this week. Almost none where we went shopping. Very few in the government office waiting area which was 75% full where I met Julio Lugo's father and Juan Marichal. Only the office staff were wearing masks.

I did see a few walking outside with masks on. Probably because of the Saharan dust.
I’m talking Puerto plata 😊
(I see an elderly dominicano every day sitting outside alone, breeze blowing, always wearing a mask, and many others)

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I still see many Dominicans wearing masks, many outdoors walking by themselves wearing a mask, shoppers in stores masked, employees masked, guys on bikes alone masked up. They take it seriously.
I think everyone should take it seriously and all of the Dominicans I know do take it seriously
however they also understand and accept the fact life must go on and we must all take individual
responsibility for protecting ourselves.
I've never had problem with people wearing a mask and I have no problem with people who do not wear
a mask. Same as I have no problem with people who practice a proper diet and exercise versus those who choose not too.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com

I think those that wear masks outside are just scared for no reason. But if they want to wear them, it's certainly their prerogative. Just don't force it on us.

D'Arcy (Apostropheman)

Apr 10, 2022
Here and there
I don't find the science about mask wearing to be sufficient in blocking a virus such as the new CV19 variants that mutated after it escaped from the lab in Wuhan to be worth while to wear them. It is just far too contagious.

Even Dr Fauci has had CV19 and I expect he actually knows what types of mask work best and how to wear them. To no avail.

As for my question on when the DR will by millions of new generation vaccines, that was a serious question.

CV19 is here, there and everywhere to stay. Sorry about the very sick and dead you knew. I also know of a few people who were not well who got CV19 and died.
Your opinion, or most any individual opinion or even experience means close to zero in the grand scheme of things. Can we agree on that?

Nothing is 100% and while we can't control what others do, we can decide what's best for us, whether through science, ignorance, or whatever gave you your opinion. Can we also agree on this?

There is a lot of science behind the guidelines and mandates, and that some don't understand that or still choose to ignore that is unfortunate, because getting and keeping up-to-date with your vaccines, wearing masks, keeping your distance from others, etc...is still about all we can do. If people still choose not to follow the guidelines, that's fine, unless officially mandated, that's on them and also very selfish IMO.

In Canada, Ontario specifically and in the Toronto area, they are no telling people to get their shots, get and keep up-to-date and suggesting people start or return to voluntary mask wearing indoors. This has to do with the current variants and expected new ones and if people don't then many more will again get sick, the hospitals will again get clogged up and we'll be right back where we were in early 2000.

Our local hospitals have not managed to recover and get back to pre-pandemic conditions. They are still overloaded with many staff off or even having left the medical profession, retired, ill, etc. There's still a huge backlog of people waiting for testing, cancer treatments, hip and knee replacements, and almost all "elective" surgeries going back years now.

But, as they say, "do you", just keep your distance from me ;)

irishpaddy

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
maybe D'Arcy ...you should stay locked up in your home and wait till all the evil ones have died off ...then it will be safe for you to come out .
Are you one of the science driven people that drive around in a car by yourself wearing a mask ?

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: Big and Gadfly

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Thank god both the overwhelming majority of Dominicans along with the Dominican government disagree with you.
Most of the Sane World disagrees ...

When I see People OUTDOORS now still wearing a Mask , and yes sometimes you run into a whole Family of such people .. I just let them see me shrug my Shoulders and shake my head ... they get the message ... they know they are idiots .. but they are Scared ... They must KNOW at this point that all those Vaccines they voluntarily agreed to are doing SHEIT to Protect them ..

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
maybe D'Arcy ...you should stay locked up in your home and wait till all the evil ones have died off ...then it will be safe for you to come out .
Are you one of the science driven people that drive around in a car by yourself wearing a mask ?
One of the more useless posts I have read today along with post #17
How about you do what is best for your personal health?

But please, continue to beat on your computer keyboard.
There is outside chance you might post something that I find useful.

I continue to use masks.
In situations I find appropriate for me.
Everyone else:

DOWHATCHALIKE!!

Big

Apr 24, 2019

let the guy make up more stories, he likes to entertain himself

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
" Follow the Science " has got to be the most Retarded Sheit a person who is NOT a Scientist themselves can ever say ..

It just lets you know that this person is a complete Moron .. and not to be taken seriously on any topic .

Status
Not open for further replies.