New Years In Sosua

britishgirl

Aug 28, 2004
hey, I was just wondering what new year's eve is like in sosua??? do they go big on it there??? what sort of things do they do??....is it good??? ;)

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
britishgirl said:
hey, I was just wondering what new year's eve is like in sosua??? do they go big on it there??? what sort of things do they do??....is it good??? ;)

Are you planning on been there?
It is probably dead since most expats go back home around that time.

britishgirl

Aug 28, 2004
Mr_DR said:
Are you planning on been there?
It is probably dead since most expats go back home around that time.

oh no, we are just trying to get last minute flights. Is there nothing going on not even with the locals??? ....or do most people just go to d'latinos?

britishgirl

Aug 28, 2004
Chris said:
Nobody goes to Sosua for New Years .. Everybody goes down to Cabarete Beach, where everything happens...

(Now watch the Sosua crowd defend their town!)

so wots goin on in cabarete beach that isnt happenin in sosua?

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
I simply enjoy the atmoshpere - the beach is packed with people having fun, wandering around from club to club and place to place and music and dancing everywhere, till the sun rises the next morning.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
New Years Eve has never been a big night out for me. That is what I consider the all too famous Amatuer Night. That is when all the drivers and drinkers go out the one dy of the year and get all that beer courage and beer driving skills.

I much prefer to stay home with good food and a nice bottle of champaigne or at least stay local.

I think Cabarete is a great place to go any day of the year and I go there often. Matter of fact I was there 2x this week and as long as you don't mind overpaying for beer and food you will enjoy yourself if you like what they have to offer on the beach.

Scott

Hooley

Dec 7, 2004
New Years Eve Party at Rocky's in Sosua

britishgirl said:

Should be a hoot. 500 pesos all in. Price includes steak supper, open bar and more champagne than you can imagine. The tradition at Rocky's is to buy loads of gifts for the local children and to fill a truck on New Year's and convoy out to the local area to present the gifts. Sounds special to me, which is why I am planning to return from Las Galeras just to partake. See ya there.

Last edited:

britishgirl

Aug 28, 2004
Hooley said:
Should be a hoot. 500 pesos all in. Price includes steak supper, open bar and more champagne than you can imagine. The tradition at Rocky's is to buy loads of gifts for the local children and to fill a truck on New Year's and convoy out to the local area to present the gifts. Sounds special to me, which is why I am planning to return from Las Galeras just to partake. See ya there.

i did go to rockys last month though with my dad!!! the pizza is tha best !!!! ;)

Last edited:

Chester4

*** Sin Bin ***
Feb 12, 2004
Hooley said:

This sounds good to me .... I hope to be there too. I have seen the gifts all wrapped up and under the christmas tree... just hope that Marco's dogs don't help themselves to these !! :cross-eye

Chester4

Jimmydr

Bronze
Apr 17, 2003
www.insearchofchicas.org
Hooley said:

We went there last year and there must have been 100 people there.

Hooley

Dec 7, 2004
Bruno and Bailey would never!

These two dogs are so well behaved they would never even think about it! Would they? Wonder what the bookies would do with this one?

Hint - they have tried it once apparently!!!