nightlife in punta cana?????

Doomshade

Mar 18, 2008
Punta Cana or Puerto Plata ????

Hello all . ( Sorry if my english is not very good sometimes ) .
I preview to go in DR in August with a friend ( i know August is not the best month but my hollydays are in August ) .
And i would like to know what is the best between Puerto Plata and Punta Cana for 3 young boyz ( single ) ??
We like noghtlife and we would like to meet other young people .
We would like to do a lot of things and have fun all the day .
We don't want to stay in a hotel with 90% of old persons lol .
I asked to some people , some say punta cana and others say puerto plata so i don't know where to go . :ermm:
Thank you for replys . :)

AnnieInTheSky36

Feb 11, 2008
www.myspace.com
girls just wanna have fun

I'm going with family about 30 of us...lol I know! to the punta cana area, we will be staying at the barcelo punta cana in may. once grandma goes to bed.... the girls want to go out.... we are of cuban or dominican parents and we were born and raised in the states.... but we can dance! and we dont know about dancing in the hotel discos, because it will probably be some "gringos" (no offence to the gringos, i dance w/ them all the time, I'm just not going to go all the way to DR to have my feet steped on..lol) who cant dance! so my questions would be..... is there any local ppl at the hotel discos? I read the nearest town is higuey.. is it safe to go there at night? where in higuey can we go dancing? how long will it take to get there from were I'm staying at? any help would be greatly appriciatted..... and anything else anyone might want to add would be welcomed!

Island_Oiler83

Apr 7, 2008
I went to Punta Cana and found it absolutly boring!!! the area I thought was beautiful, but as far as fun, we had to venture off to Higuey, which is about 45min, away! at least there was some action there!

No night life... haha WHAT??? You must be a pretty boring person if you don't LOVE Mangu. That is the best club in the entire world!!! No one understands when they go there,they think it is just like any other club, but i LOVE it with all my heart and soul. Higuey is fun too but nothing beats MANGU.. WOW...I can't wait to go back to DR for the 5th time in May. DR is my second home :D

Your vacation is what you make it!!!

dalila05

Bronze
Aug 9, 2008
republicadominicana.bbactif.com
i agree mangu is great nightclub and also a good place to watch funny things
music is good,rnb and latino downstairs and techno and dance upstairs!
yes a lot of working girl and sanky but find one discoteca in bavaro without any??
i dont think so!
areito is sleazy night club and i liked the monte cristo situated in the melia hotel!very local but music is good!!!!!!!!