Nightmare at Western Union

amp

Bronze
Oct 5, 2010
Question, when someone sends US Dollars to the DR do you get the full amount in Dollars? Or do they rob you on the exchange rate and give you Pesos?

You can send to pick up in US $ which is a big reason why I like WU over the others. The highest fee is $30 to send $2,999 here. That has to be someone doing an in-person transaction though. It's usually $8 for me to send the amount I do.

MoneyGram's exchange rate is terrible, but it's cheaper at $5 to send.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Good point.
We would all be going bezerk over WU, if the OP had gone to pick up his $ and WU said,
" Oh, but thats strange !! John Smith just picked up the $ 10mn ago !! ".
So the more checks, the better , IMO.

Also, its not rocket science. Get the guy who sends you $ to send an e-mail with all the info. Name, senders name, amount, transaction #......

P.S. and dont think u can hack my email to pick up my envios......I divide the transaction # by ?, and substract 2/3 of its square root......:tired:

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
it seems to work perfectly well for thousand of dumbass sankies who can barely read and write. clearly you are doing something wrong, conchman. try porking wrinkled gringa in depends and have her send you couple of hundreds for a surgery of your sibling or a funeral of a grandparent and see how it goes. i betcha it will be as smooth as a loving seranade.

im actually waiting and hoping for same situation i want diaveataion ...or just a chec for chic