No more notifications

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Are you getting notifications on other threads you're subscribed too?

from the subscribed Topics i get the notifications, but not from subscribed threads.
i realized it yesterday on the east coast thread and the same been the case when the Hurricane 2015 Topic been started. i am subscribed to the Weather Thread but did not get a notification about that one.

Mike

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Just want to point out that if you subscribe to a thread you will only get about two emails telling you there has been a NEW post and if you don't get in here to read it the emails will end. After you read it will return to sending email notifications.

Mike a topic is a thread but you have to subcrube to each topic/thread in the same FORUM.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I logged into your account and...

You have 572 unread in your Inbox and are NOT subscribed to any threads.

No, I am not subscribed to any threads. But I used to get notices when there were new PMs and I am not getting those notices now. Are they still being sent, or has this feature been eliminated?.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Whats the difference between a topic and a thread?

sorry for my misspelling/naming of the thing.
I meant that my Thread/Topic notifications are working fine.
what is not working is my 2 subscriptions to Forums.
I am subscribed to the East Coast Forum and to the Weather&Beyond Forum.
when a new topic/thread is posted in those 2 Forums, then i do Not get a e-mail notification about it anymore.

Mike

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
sorry for my misspelling/naming of the thing.
I meant that my Thread/Topic notifications are working fine.
what is not working is my 2 subscriptions to Forums.
I am subscribed to the East Coast Forum and to the Weather&Beyond Forum.
when a new topic/thread is posted in those 2 Forums, then i do Not get a e-mail notification about it anymore.

Mike

And you never will because there's no such thing. I know because when I was mod in Mars/Venus I wanted to know when a new thread was started but you need to subscribe to each new thread that you are interested in AFTER you read that NEW THREAD :).

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
You can subscribe to a forum, but the email updates are a daily or weekly digest, not instant.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
You can subscribe to a forum, but the email updates are a daily or weekly digest, not instant.

I have mine set for instant and it's working for this thread and it's working fine now. When I went in to check it was set for weekly update and I changed it to instant. I hadn't used it for a long time but the like/dislikes email notifications come in instantly.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I have mine set for instant and it's working for this thread and it's working fine now. When I went in to check it was set for weekly update and I changed it to instant. I hadn't used it for a long time but the like/dislikes email notifications come in instantly.

Threads you can have instant emails, entire forums no.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun

o.k., that one i didn't know/remember.
maybe a good feature to consider to include in a future planned update of the bord.
there are forums some like to follow up instantly, not weekly.
but no biggy of course, such a small details side feature.

Mike

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
o.k., that one i didn't know/remember.
maybe a good feature to consider to include in a future planned update of the bord.
there are forums some like to follow up instantly, not weekly.
but no biggy of course, such a small details side feature.

Mike

I would never allow instant on forums, as it would mean we would need to be able to burst hundreds or even thousands of emails over a short period.

99% of these notification issues are user setting issues or the actual emails ending up in the spam box or being blocked by the users ISP etc.

As I have said before, we have changed absolutely nothing our side for 3-4 yrs relating to user notifications.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
I would never allow instant on forums, as it would mean we would need to be able to burst hundreds or even thousands of emails over a short period.

99% of these notification issues are user setting issues or the actual emails ending up in the spam box or being blocked by the users ISP etc.

As I have said before, we have changed absolutely nothing our side for 3-4 yrs relating to user notifications.

that make's total sense.
no need to send such bulk of notifications instantly.

Mike