Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
AE switched and saved a bundle....

In RD, free text, messages and 20 cents a minute calling.... same as Claro
But incoming is charged too....that’s the rub 

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
I will be traveling a lot this year and a friend in Colombia that I visited 2 weeks ago has T-Mobile with their international plan. I am currently in the states and went by the T-Mobile office however they told me that with their international plan if I use more than 50% of usage outside the states they shut off the service. I often times am not in the states for close to a year. I don't care about the voice but need the data (I used my friends like a hot spot in Colombia).
Does anyone know of a better plan (for data) for international service?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Claro has free roaming and calling in Colombia and most Latin American countries, US, and Puerto Rico. It is the same as using your phone in the DR. But you need a post paid plan. Also all calls to Claro numbers do not count against your minutes.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Claro has free roaming and calling in Colombia and most Latin American countries, US, and Puerto Rico. It is the same as using your phone in the DR. But you need a post paid plan. Also all calls to Claro numbers do not count against your minutes.

Thats because they are dropping roaming charges, Claro is all over Latin America and USA so is very easy for Claro do not charge for  roaming making the competence very weak in every latin america country.  When finally came out free roaming all companies all over will offer same service.  Claro opened a Pandora box and we as cuatomers will win.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Actually,
the thread is about visitors not incurring roaming charges in the DR...

Not DR people going off island

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Actually,
the thread is about visitors not incurring roaming charges in the DR...

Not DR people going off island

If it works anything like how it turned out in europe concerning the end of roaming charges, well then it works both ways, visiting here or visiting elsewhere in the zone ( from the dr, if u see what I mean ;) ).
People will be able to shop ( think switch operators ) even across countries.
Example : Unlimited text and calls + 20GO of data for 20$ a month with a US xyz operator versus Unlimited text and calls + 5 GO of data for 399 rd pesos a month with a abc dominican operator.......
You can replace US operator or dominican operator by any country in the Zone........ its a global village now.