North Coast Temperatures

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
And to add more confusion...........

Cattle burps are a major source of methane gas..... detrimental to the atmosphere.... greenhouse gas

Look it up - It's true !!
Says who ? Nut jobs like Greta & Gore?
Meanwhile Cattle for meat is at the lowest levels in the US since 1962 (when the US population was half what it is today).
I assume this is similar in quantities for Canada.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Moooving it back on topic: And on the north coast in Cabarete it is cool with much need rain at the moment.

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
And to add more confusion...........

Cattle burps are a major source of methane gas..... detrimental to the atmosphere.... greenhouse gas

Look it up - It's true !!
A slight correction here Uncle: a burp would come from the stomach and thus no methane gas. The methane, also in humans, is produced by the by further breakdown of food in the intestinal tract. That said, methane is found in... farts.

Edited for correction, mostly farts, some burps, yes. But mostly smelly-ass farts

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
A slight correction here Uncle: a burp would come from the stomach and thus no methane gas. The methane, also in humans, is produced by the by further breakdown of food in the intestinal tract. That said, methane is found in... farts.

Edited for correction, mostly farts, some burps, yes. But mostly smelly-ass farts
Imagine the methane production when those millions of Buffalo roamed the greet plains. Pure horse pucky that it is damaging the atmosphere or causing climate change.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
A lot of people who know apparently more than professional, qualified climate scientists here. Oh well, back on topic again, yes, it's freezing here on the north coast today.

• Haha
Reactions: nigrarosa

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
600 to 800 million years ago—a period of time geologists call the Neoproterozoic—evidence suggests the Earth underwent an ice age so cold that ice sheets not only capped the polar latitudes, but may have extended all the way to sea level near the equator. (That would have ruined a Punta Cana vacation more than Sargassum). Reflecting ever more sunlight back into space as they expanded, the ice sheets cooled the climate and reinforced their own growth. Obviously, the Earth didn’t remain stuck in the freezer, so how did the planet thaw?

Thank the Volcanos:
Even while ice sheets covered more and more of Earth’s surface, tectonic plates continued to drift and collide, so volcanic activity also continued. Volcanoes emit the greenhouse gas carbon dioxide. In our current, mostly ice-free world, the natural weathering of silicate rock by rainfall consumes carbon dioxide over geologic time scales. During the frigid conditions of the Neoproterozoic, rainfall became rare. With volcanoes churning out carbon dioxide and little or no rainfall to weather rocks and consume the greenhouse gas, temperatures climbed.
right on, and it means that humanity's influence on the planet, no matter what nuclear war some idiots would run,
is/would be on the over all planets evolutional process and well being a Non Important Line in the thick book about all.
We are unimportant to it, as humanity, we are just not smart enough to understand it.
Our time on this planet is just a lil eyeblink of the whole Plan, if we are gone a thousand years earlier or later, make's to the whole thing not the slightest difference, sure then not worth to be given a single line in the book of the planet's evolution.
So I continue to breed my cattle and wild porks, and I allow them to fart as much as I do myself,
that's part of the precious and valuable very little time I have myself on the same planet.
To kill my Cattle would safe humanity not a single second of it's unimportant very short whiled existance.
hence I have a nice piece of healthy non gene manipulated home grown beef on the grill right now here on the Finca,
while outside the first real rain of this year is coming down and very welcome.
We will have this year sadly a very dry spring and summer, cattle and others dying due missing water and green grass, no summer tropical storms or hurricanes will be capable to safe any and for us humans here there can be expected a lot this coming season.
But again, that's the rhytm of the planet, we have that every few years and we humans can not do sh..t about any change of it.

Reactions: chico bill

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
A lot of people who know apparently more than professional, qualified climate scientists here. Oh well, back on topic again, yes, it's freezing here on the north coast today.
It is getting "warmer" here at Vallegina,
we now have night drops only to 20/21C en la madrugada.
There may be some sunlight at the end of the cold Tunnel, lol.
Honestly, I never felt the winter month with that cold nights/early mornings in all my 28 years in this part of the Island.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Rain off on on here in BC since about 3. No complaints as we haven't had any to speak of since January
Same here on the lil Ranch, super happy about the water it is still pouring down at full forces, and beautiful that way, we needed that and i am happy tat i do not have to water by hand the seeds and plants this weekend.
Even that I had to send some of my free roaming chicken out of my office, they have enough dry places to stay while the nice rain comes down.
I will try to add some photos or videos from the Vaquero transformed Fisherman here, if my campo internet permits, lol.
At least the beers are cold up here on the lil Hill.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Video 2023-03-16 at 16.38.48.mp4
    4.2 MB
  • WhatsApp Video 2023-03-16 at 17.05.16.mp4
    2.3 MB
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-03-14 at 12.07.34.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-03-14 at 12.07.34.jpg
    318.2 KB · Views: 480
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-03-14 at 12.07.40.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-03-14 at 12.07.40.jpg
    285.4 KB · Views: 475
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-03-14 at 12.07.48.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-03-14 at 12.07.48.jpg
    289.3 KB · Views: 468
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-03-16 at 17.01.35.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-03-16 at 17.01.35.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 483
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-03-16 at 17.24.22.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-03-16 at 17.24.22.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 486
Reactions: NanSanPedro

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
It is getting "warmer" here at Vallegina,
we now have night drops only to 20/21C en la madrugada.
There may be some sunlight at the end of the cold Tunnel, lol.
Honestly, I never felt the winter month with that cold nights/early mornings in all my 28 years in this part of the Island.
Even my dogs are refusing to leave the house because of the cold rain. Mid March!

Reactions: MikeFisher

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Same here on the lil Ranch, super happy about the water it is still pouring down at full forces, and beautiful that way, we needed that and i am happy tat i do not have to water by hand the seeds and plants this weekend.
Even that I had to send some of my free roaming chicken out of my office, they have enough dry places to stay while the nice rain comes down.
I will try to add some photos or videos from the Vaquero transformed Fisherman here, if my campo internet permits, lol.
At least the beers are cold up here on the lil Hill.
A photo of a pistol. Ooh, ooh I'm triggered. I may have to change my pronouns.
You owe me reparations Mike. 😉

• Haha
Reactions: MikeFisher