Notice to all expats in the dr!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
cheap meaning how much for 1 bedr ap per month?

I've seen houses for rent online w/ 2 to 3 br cheaper than they are here, like from 400 to 500 Euro and up. I was looking for Granada and surroundings (Sierra Nevada).

Last edited:

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
Buenos Aires, Argentina is a great place to live if you like a big city with everything in it at a very reasonable price.

Only thing is Immigration is not as lax as the DR there. A lot of people stay on a tourist Visa and take the Ferry to Uruguay every six months to renew the Visa.

I lived in BA for almost 2 years do exactly what you describe above. Yes a big city with infrastructure, i had A/C on 24/7. The cons-Winter yes! no snow but gets below 1 celsius at times. No beaches anywhere. Gringos cannot have a bank account without residency, no lining up at ATM all the time which only gives crazy small amounts- Hard to do any kind of outgoing wires. So far south it takes for ever to go to NA.
All and all I prefer DR over BA

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I think that is a little exagerated.
No exaggeration at all, John. Anyone reading the news can see the problems are being dealt with by virtual fingers in the sovereign debt dikes.

Nothing is being fixed.

Kicking the can down the road just makes Judgement Day a worse event.

I would not consider spain or Greece at the moment.
Let me give you an example from yesterdays newspaper, -Farmers in Norway needed persons for 857 summerjobs only. The work includes working with cows/ other animals, milking removing s#it and so on. Over 15000 persons from greece and spain tried to get these jobs. The newspaper wrote even a professor from Greece tried to get such a "low income" job.

I would rather wait the economic crisis out in the RD, or in your own country instead for moving to a soon to be high-crime area as Spain or Greece.

tanicos

May 28, 2012
I would not consider spain or Greece at the moment.
Let me give you an example from yesterdays newspaper, -Farmers in Norway needed persons for 857 summerjobs only. The work includes working with cows/ other animals, milking removing s#it and so on. Over 15000 persons from greece and spain tried to get these jobs. The newspaper wrote even a professor from Greece tried to get such a "low income" job.

I would rather wait the economic crisis out in the RD, or in your own country instead for moving to a soon to be high-crime area as Spain or Greece.

buddy you're talking about God or Jesus here..Norway? cmon i guess it's the best country on the world. They have a lot of fuel over there. I know people from Sweden who went in Norway to work because their kronor is the best.

tanicos

May 28, 2012
What is this for an answer Tanicos?!
I try to give an friendly advice to those who consider relocating to Spain or Greece- and you start to punch my nose, I dont understand why you do this.

omg man no really...sorry if you misunderstood me...i just said that Norway is a hard to get and the best country from my point of view and statistics. nothing personal with you

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
omg man no really...sorry if you misunderstood me...i just said that Norway is a hard to get and the best country from my point of view and statistics. nothing personal with you

Frank12 is in Norway for the summer tending bar. He has been spending summers there for years. If you
want inside info on Norway, send him a PM or email.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
It is closer to 11 or 12 dollars these days. Money dont last long in Norway, if you like to party and have a good time.
Taxes is also 31 to 36%.

But if you are a very skilled worker i would say there is a good chance to get a job here.

The prices in Norway are "INSANE", as my old friend Crazy Eddie would say. You will go broke fast there.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
The prices in Norway are "INSANE", as my old friend Crazy Eddie would say. You will go broke fast there.

I don't know why I had the impression you were European, Sky.

Anyone who knows Crazy Eddie is from NYC/Long Island, maybe NJ/PA/CT. Yup, he was INSANE! A Brooklyn boy, wasn't he?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I don't know why I had the impression you were European, Sky.

Anyone who knows Crazy Eddie is from NYC/Long Island, maybe NJ/PA/CT. Yup, he was INSANE! A Brooklyn boy, wasn't he?

Same as myself. Brooklyn, when it was Brooklyn.

Status
Not open for further replies.