NVC Know If You Filed Your Taxes?

Nov 3, 2007
the NVC has my 2018 tax return where i made enough money for bring my wife from dominican republic, but my 2019 return does not, can i just go to the interview and only bring my 2018 tax return and my current paystubs, and if they ask if i did my 2019 returns tell them i have not yet since i have until april of this year to do so? or will they know i already did my tax returns 2 days ago?

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Honestly, I don't understand your question. But it appears you want to omit some information. Never lie or omit info to the US government. They know more about you than you do. It shows blatant dishonesty and will not go over well.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
the NVC has my 2018 tax return where i made enough money for bring my wife from dominican republic, but my 2019 return does not, can i just go to the interview and only bring my 2018 tax return and my current paystubs, and if they ask if i did my 2019 returns tell them i have not yet since i have until april of this year to do so? or will they know i already did my tax returns 2 days ago?

I did not know there was an income qualifier for the fiance visa ?

Nov 3, 2007
its not a fiancee visa is a i130 petition for alien relative (my wife)

And im not trying to lie, i just dont want to say any more than i have to, they have my 2018 return which puts me above the poverty line, them having my 2019 tax returns will put me below the poverty line (since i was between jobs) however the tax deadline is april 15, although i already did my taxes, i just wanted to know if they also know that way i dont even bring it up unless its necessary

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
If you feel that your tax info will be relevant for the visa process and you have already done last years tax return, can you file it early so you do not have to risk being less than forthright?

Nov 3, 2007
ok, another question, does anybody know how long it takes after the NVC accepts all your paperwork and you paid the fees how long until the interview? i heard it can be a month or 3 years waiting for a interview

DRdreaming

Jul 29, 2014
ok, another question, does anybody know how long it takes after the NVC accepts all your paperwork and you paid the fees how long until the interview? i heard it can be a month or 3 years waiting for a interview
We received our case complete notice from NVC on 10/10/19, and had our interview 11/16/19. I have head that the current wait time is longer though, about three months.

Sent from my SM-J810M using Tapatalk

Nov 3, 2007
Thats my plan, to just not mention it unless i have too, i do have a steady job now and paystubs to back that up just in case.

I just got my letter from nvc saying all documents were accepted and approved 3 days ago, i hope i get a interview date before april 15th

DRdreaming

Jul 29, 2014
where did you hear that?
I had been looking at the timelines on Visa Journey, as my in laws are completing the process now. The case complete to interview dates were about three months, although it looks like they have gotten a little quicker. A few with case complete dates in the beginning of January received March interview dates.

Nov 3, 2007
I had been looking at the timelines on Visa Journey, as my in laws are completing the process now. The case complete to interview dates were about three months, although it looks like they have gotten a little quicker. A few with case complete dates in the beginning of January received March interview dates.

i got a case complete date of february 10th, think ill make it before april 15th?

Nov 3, 2007
just a update for those who might be in the same situation as me

i received the visa interview letter via email yesterday, for a march 30 date

i guess thats a good thing, im just contemplating what to tell them if they ask me IF i have already done my tax returns or not, and how to answer that question since the interview is going to be before the IRS filing deadline of april 15