Obama, American?

Dec 26, 2011
I am not sure what mondongo is here on this island have eaten various things called mondongo elsewhere, i am refrering to the piles of stuff that look like defecation of some large ruminant animal.
Der Fish

That sounds like a lotta tripe to me!

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I am not sure what mondongo is here on this island have eaten various things called mondongo elsewhere, i am refrering to the piles of stuff that look like defecation of some large ruminant animal.
Der Fish

then you are referring to mondongo. i customarily give that one wide berth.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Mondongo is usually a soup that has tripe in it. Mofongo is different. it looks like a pile of cow sh1t or similar, not a soup at all.

a pile of cow cake? now that does not sound real encouraging, does it? trust me on this one, fish...it is far more appetizing than it looks.

Dec 24, 2012
I gagged some down one fine sunday afternoon about a year ago.

Maybe you should look into what cow turd looks like... very different from mofongo. Try mofongo with fried cheese and chicken mixed in. That other camaron, chicharron isn't my thing... oh and remember to ask for the bowl of "caldito" for it, if you don't it would not be a gratifying meal.

Dec 26, 2011
Maybe you should look into what cow turd looks like... very different from mofongo. Try mofongo with fried cheese and chicken mixed in. That other camaron, chicharron isn't my thing... oh and remember to ask for the bowl of "caldito" for it, if you don't it would not be a gratifying meal.

El caldito makes the difference. Or at least a mojo de ajo y cebolla. Otherwise it's dry. In my experience, the boricuas make the best mofongo.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
El caldito makes the difference. Or at least a mojo de ajo y cebolla. Otherwise it's dry. In my experience, the boricuas make the best mofongo.

just like they make the best roast pork. the stuff that pops up all over the place at Christmastime in the DR does not begin to compare. not in the same league with pernil.

Dec 26, 2011
just like they make the best roast pork. the stuff that pops up all over the place at Christmastime in the DR does not begin to compare. not in the same league with pernil.

I enjoy making it, brother. Season it the morning before. 8 to 12 hours in the oven. And lots and lots of love. One must always appropriate a little cuerito upon pulling it out of the oven. It disappears quickly.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I enjoy making it, brother. Season it the morning before. 8 to 12 hours in the oven. And lots and lots of love. One must always appropriate a little cuerito upon pulling it out of the oven. It disappears quickly.

low heat. maybe 275 degrees, tops. cook as long as it takes, depending on weight. God's gift to the human palate. and don't forget the oregano.

Dec 26, 2011
low heat. maybe 275 degrees, tops. cook as long as it takes, depending on weight. God's gift to the human palate. and don't forget the oregano.

Here goes...

In the morning, I knife the bejeezus out of it. Peel back the cuero a little. Insert garlic into the "wounds". Make a paste of olive oil, kosher salt, black pepper and oregano and the slightest drizzle of white vinegar. Rub in in the wounds, under the cuero and all over, massaging it. Drizzle with orange juice of good quality. Put it in plastic wrap and refrigerate until early the next madrugada.

Preheat oven to 425. Place pernil in large pan. Lightly season with kosher salt. Bake, uncovered for 1 hour. Double-seal pan with foil. Return to oven. Lower to 225. Bake for 7 to 11 hours. Remove foil. Baste pernil. Broil on low heat and continue basting until the cuerito is hard when you tap on it with a metal spoon.

jaiallen

Jul 9, 2010
Liberals need us we do not NEED liberals. anyone who voted for Obama does not love the USA. That will be my last and only reply on this subject . flame me all you want i am not reading this post anymore. Obama is just the stooge they put in.

I have several enemy bullets in my side that says I love it much better than you do.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Here goes...

In the morning, I knife the bejeezus out of it. Peel back the cuero a little. Insert garlic into the "wounds". Make a paste of olive oil, kosher salt, black pepper and oregano and the slightest drizzle of white vinegar. Rub in in the wounds, under the cuero and all over, massaging it. Drizzle with orange juice of good quality. Put it in plastic wrap and refrigerate until early the next madrugada.

Preheat oven to 425. Place pernil in large pan. Lightly season with kosher salt. Bake, uncovered for 1 hour. Double-seal pan with foil. Return to oven. Lower to 225. Bake for 7 to 11 hours. Remove foil. Baste pernil. Broil on low heat and continue basting until the cuerito is hard when you tap on it with a metal spoon.

sounds like a plan. for me, the orange juice should be that naranja agria in the bottle. look out, piggies, cause here i come!

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I have several enemy bullets in my side that says I love it much better than you do.

thanks for having done your share, my brother. i bet the grand patriots who love the country so much have never been confronted by a girl with a butter knife.

porkman100

Gold
Apr 11, 2010
Yes folks pero.....un poquito de vinagre forma parte de todo... self respecting mojo....however you got it. Yes is glorious to be dominicano con tanta buena mesa.

Dec 24, 2012
Yes folks pero.....un poquito de vinagre forma parte de todo... self respecting mojo....however you got it. Yes is glorious to be dominicano con tanta buena mesa.

With a name like porkman100 I'm sure you know what you're talking about

All this food talk is making me thirsty, actually. Looking forward to some legit morir so?ando tomorrow