Obama Inauguration Party

Status
Not open for further replies.

BPL888

Sep 7, 2004
I'll Be There

I will be there for the 1 PM live showing. The schedule I saw says the live program( Navy Band, prayers etc) will start at 11:30 AM, which is 12:30 in Santo Domingo. Why does the showing at Cane not start till 1:00 PM? I want to watch it live, but I would like to come back at 4:00 for the happy hour festivities as well.

dringa

Oct 17, 2004
Hi All

So how many people are showing up at Canes at 4 to watch the inauguration? I will be there -

Look forward to seeing everyone -

Oscar (Dringa)

bellakins

May 31, 2008
Inauguration (live on TV)

The Inauguration of the new US President is scheduled for 12:30pm (EST).
So, that will be 1:30pm. Dominican time. However, TV coverage of official opening remarks will begin at least an hour earlier. The Parade starts at @
2:30pm. Should be a simply fantastic historic event!!! The HBO production of the Inauguration concert at the Lincoln Memorial yesterday was SO fantastic...
with great performances and speakers. I plan to get a copy on DVD. I hope you all have a great time at Canes. Maybe I'll visit there on my first trip to SD
at the end of the month.

Mar 2, 2008
"The actual bill for the party in Washington DC is something like $145 million.The previous record was 42 million."

It will probably hit $150 million when it's all added up, but only $49 million of that is funded by the federal government, the rest was donated. No donations were accepted from corporations or political committes.

As A Bientot noted, chump change, and privately donated chump change at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.