Ocean Dream Resort/Condos Cabarete

Status
Not open for further replies.

siegs

May 9, 2006
Hi All
Has anyone stayed here? Looking to spend (hopefully) a month here next year starting March 1.
Never been to the north coast but it seems to have all that you would want.
Been doing alot of research but would really appreciate any and all personal opinions and experiences with Ocean Dream and the Cabarete area.
Don't know if this matters but I'm a forty four y.o. single guy just looking for a nice place to relax a while...
Thank You
Sieg

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Ocean Dream... you found the right place.
You can do 'different', but I don't think you can do 'better'.

Really, it's a nice place in a good location. Time to worry more about what you'll do for a month.

Note, units are individually owned and are furnished differently, but I don't think any are poorly furnished.

abetv6969

Feb 17, 2008
LOOks like a nice place I walked around in there not too far from cabrette the town I would actually stay there if you do not mind how much are you paying for the 1 month stay??

siegs

May 9, 2006
Ocean Dream... you found the right place.
You can do 'different', but I don't think you can do 'better'.
Really, it's a nice place in a good location. Time to worry more about what you'll do for a month.

Thanks CFA for the quick reply.
I'm curious as to what "different" could be.
Always open for any ideas or alternatives from you folks in the know.What I'll do for the month I really don't know.
I guess that's why I'm looking at the north coast.The surrounding areas; P.P., Sosua, Santiago maybe Las Terrenas.I'd like to see a bit of the country while also just having a little "sit down" time.
I'm new to this "long term" getaway thing so I'm trying to figure this out as I go along.
I appreciate the help.
Thanks Again
Sieg

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Reference to 'different' was that there are other new, nice, modern secure condos that are on Cabarete Bay. A/C, 24 hr power, internet, etc. A few that come to mind in Cabarete are any condo rentals you'd get at Velero, Palm Beach Condos (older but ideally located), Harmony, Ocean 1. Just a little further out in either direction are Cabarete East Condos & Ocean Point at Kite Beach.

Those are all on the ocean side of the road, so you walk direct to beach. Depending on the particular condo, you will/will not have ocean view.

oriole100

Bronze
Oct 9, 2005
OD is great. We live there. They have studio, 2, 3 Br condo,s. Location is great. It is very, very secure. Harmony, and Ocean 1 are very much like like OD. The web site for them is Ocean Dream Resort, Cabarete and Cabarete Lifestyle. We have checked around and for a condo, you cant beat OD. If you could we wouldn't live there.

mike.n.amy

Jun 4, 2007
Internet in Ocean Dream? DSL vs Cable vs Wi-Fi?

For those of you living in Ocean Dream in Cabarete - do you use the wi-fi internet they provide or have you installed an actual internet line in your apartment through the cable company (Cable Del Norte) or DSL through Verizon or Claro, etc?

We need fast & reliable internet and have found the wi-fi in various condo complexes to be sketchy at best. We wanted to get the scoop on how fast/reliable the internet is from those of you already there before we make the final decision on staying there for a year or more.

Thanks in advance for your responses!

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
OD is a great place and setup well for renting for a month. Probably the best "bang for the buck" for an apartment for one person. Others listed above are decent choices as well, but I'd stay within the "downtown area" if possible, unless you'll have a car. Royal Residence, next to Ocean One, may be worth taking a look at as well.

The wireless Internet there is ok, very reliable, but fairly slow (probably shared 384k). There are many people there who have had their own lines installed - certainly isn't a problem.

siegs

May 9, 2006
...stay within the "downtown area" if possible, unless you'll have a car.

Thanks DZ
The last thing I want to do down there is any driving.
Will it be any hinderance to me to be without wheels?
Sieg

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
At Ocean Dream, harmony, Ocean One, Royal Residencial, Cabarete Condos, Cita Del Sol, no... most of the others mentioned, yes.

I noticed in one of your posts you mentioned other areas...there are several options in Sosua, possibly less expensive than Cabarete...and you definitely don't need a car. For an extended vacation, unless you speak Spanish very well and want to live in a "city" atmosphere I wouldn't recommend Santiago..makes for a good overnight trip though. And Puerto Plata...not many condos where you wouldn't need a car to get around, unless you take the local transport...which is not really for "beginners" IMO... can't help you with Las Terenas...

siegs

May 9, 2006
I noticed in one of your posts you mentioned other areas...

I did. Places that look pretty interesting-for a day trip or an overnight as you mention. I've been around and traveled other countries- just not this one yet and understand what you're saying.
Just planning on Cabarete as a home base and hoping to see a little bit of the country while I'm there.
I appreciate your kind words of advice.
Thank You
Sieg

Status
Not open for further replies.