Off Road Motorcycle (Montones?)

drbill

Dec 3, 2005
'68 BSA Victor

I helped on a rebuild of an old 441 once; strange carbs and electricals, we actually ended up taping a flashlight on the bars for the first test ride. But what a ride... a real Harley-Cross machine, like my old XL350.

G

gary short

The wiring is all bass ackwards it's maddening.........positive ground??????

drbill

Dec 3, 2005
I think you're right- we never had enough electrical tape for the splices and connections. But what a flat powerband, pulled hard from idle to valve float- not like those new YZ125s that needed to be run between 6,477rpm and 6693rpm at all times... Anyways, did I mention that we didn't wear helmets...? Where's Kate? I want to go to town.

MrBoneznyc

Jan 10, 2004
OK! Back on topic. Its called "la Frontera"or something like that, done in Feb, organized by the military somehow. You go across the entire country stopping in small towns along the way to eat/drink. I am working on getting more information but if anyone can find out additional info with this prelim info. post up. Supposed to be a great trip.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
MrBoneznyc said:
OK! Back on topic. Its called "la Frontera"or something like that, done in Feb, organized by the military somehow. You go across the entire country stopping in small towns along the way to eat/drink. I am working on getting more information but if anyone can find out additional info with this prelim info. post up. Supposed to be a great trip.
Where did you hear about this trip?
I, and apparently nobody else here have heard of it, even less seen them.

MrBoneznyc

Jan 10, 2004
My uncle and cousin did it a few years ago. I want in on the next one so he is finding out more info if its still going on or how to participate.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
MrBoneznyc said:
My uncle and cousin did it a few years ago. I want in on the next one so he is finding out more info if its still going on or how to participate.
Well, please let us know what you find out.
Sounds like a heck of an adventure.

drbill

Dec 3, 2005
Sr Bonez

Was this like a poker run, a one-day barhopping/silly games/barbecue event, a bring-the-old-lady type of thing, or was it more like "Survivor Quisqueya"?

MrBoneznyc

Jan 10, 2004
I sounded like a long hard day of riding thru, at times, difficult terrain, and then a night of drinking and partying.(Normal dominican style) My uncle has the polaris ATV which he said he had to use many times to pull the smaller atv's out of some trouble spots. Everyone in full riding gear. And since when do you bring your old lady anywhere in DR?

drbill

Dec 3, 2005
ATVs?

I bring her along anytime heavy lifting might be required. Her name is Kate.:glasses:

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
gary short said:
A honda XR500 would be perrrrrrrrfffect. Harleys are for highways.

In The campo where my family is from a few times I've seen these guys dash by on their motocross mortorcycles. Let me tell you the place is very mountaineous and its very annoying and dangerous for the families most of them live close to the road and have as you may imagine kids playing in the area. It would be nice if they could warn the residents so the children won't be in danger.

G

gary short

MrBoneznyc said:
I sounded like a long hard day of riding thru, at times, difficult terrain, and then a night of drinking and partying.(Normal dominican style) My uncle has the polaris ATV which he said he had to use many times to pull the smaller atv's out of some trouble spots. Everyone in full riding gear. And since when do you bring your old lady anywhere in DR?

Like bringing weiners to a barbeque...........

drbill

Dec 3, 2005
Exactly. Btw, my younger sister rode the XR500 and said it was quite comfortable... .;)