Oil Based Products Roaring High and Higher....

JasonD

Bronze
Feb 10, 2018
You assume I don't know about those guys.

I asked for the formula, not what department decides the fuel prices.

I take you don't know the formula and are asking me to provide it to you as lesson learned?

If you don't know it and want me to tell you about it, I would, just ask.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I take you don't know the formula and are asking me to provide it to you as lesson learned?

If you don't know it and want me to tell you about it, I would, just ask.
Link me to the official formula.

Don't "tell me about it." I understand the concept and variables involved.

But link the actual formula.

GringoRubio

Bronze
Oct 15, 2015
Pure robbery with eyes wide open.

I'm always amazed that people feel that their eyes are being gauged out of their sockets by fuel prices. If you don't like it, walk or ride your bike. It's a free market and you're free to exercise your options.

GringoRubio

Bronze
Oct 15, 2015
The composition and formula are two different things.

I know the composition of the price of fuel. I'm not aware there is any specific "formula" that is fast and hard, much less public record.

I suspect repressing money laundering has multiplier slightly larger than 1.

JasonD

Bronze
Feb 10, 2018
I'm always amazed that people feel that their eyes are being gauged out of their sockets by fuel prices. If you don't like it, walk or ride your bike. It's a free market and you're free to exercise your options.

Short answer; people need good and/or services thus gas is a required/must have to fulfill the good or the service.

On top of that, collecting half of the set prices just in taxation is pure robbery.

Glad you portrayed yourself as the exception, good for you.

Last edited:

JasonD

Bronze
Feb 10, 2018
The composition and formula are two different things.

I know the composition of the price of fuel. I'm not aware there is any specific "formula" that is fast and hard, much less public record.

If you don't know (we are to a good start, you've stated you don't know it) just ask, told you I would explain it.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

Actually , as I have learned right here on DR 1 from the economists on this board, there is no such thing as a truly free market and fuel prices in the DR are anything but part of a free market. The government sets the price. How "free a market" can that be?

JasonD

Bronze
Feb 10, 2018
You got something better, show it.

In the event you didn't notice, I was giving you credit for the research and to answer, yes, I have something no necessarily better but within the context. But an Economist I am not, have already been told to go back and buy me an Macroeconomic, Economy 101 booklet with pejorative scent around it.

JasonD

Bronze
Feb 10, 2018
Must love IT....

SANTO DOMINGO.- Fuel prices in the Dominican Republic will increase between RD $ 2.00 and RD $ 4.00 per gallon for the week of April 21-27.

The Ministry of Industry, Commerce and SMEs (MICM) reported that as of this Saturday the gallon of Premium and Regular gasoline will increase RD $ 3.00 and RD $ 4.00, respectively, and will be marketed at RD $ 240.30 and RD $ 227.20.

The gallon of diesel will rise RD $ 3.00 and will be sold at RD $ 186.50 the Regular and RD $ 195.60 the Optimo.

http://almomento.net/precios-combustibles-aumentaran-entre-rd2-00-y-rd4-00-por-galon/