Oil spill along North Coast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thandie

Bronze
Nov 27, 2007
We also called the oil spill emergency numbers for DR itself and when we informed them of the spill they said that no such thing had happened. We told them we were in the process of wiping it off our hands and feet and that it had indeed happened. The man replied that he didn't like the way the conversation was going and hung up. Clearly the DR government wants to turn a blind eye to this situation and unfortunately the inhabitants of Cabarete will have to pay for it.

Sad!
He was more concerned with the holiday party he had to go to.

FlacitoNYC

Dec 11, 2008
Wondering if anyone who has been on the beach recently could give an update? How is the water? Sand? Not a lot of info on the internet other than here....

aross

Nov 15, 2007
Wondering if anyone who has been on the beach recently could give an update? How is the water? Sand? Not a lot of info on the internet other than here....

Spent 4 + hours today on the beach walking/swiming and playing from Ocean One area to the restaurant/bar areas with a granddaughter aged 3 1/2 and there was never a worry about a drop of oil nor was there a drop of oil in sight.

Caz

May 15, 2004
Walked some of the beaches between Cabarete and Sosua with the dogs - no oil on shoes or paws - nada!

atomiczombie

Dec 16, 2008
Yesterday, walked along beach southeast from Orilla del Mar for almost an hour, and only saw a few visible dark patches among seaweed washed up on shore, but nothing to be alarmed about.

baygirl

Dec 19, 2008
oil spill

I've walked along the beach west of Cabarete, starting at Ocean Dream and going past Nanny Estates to the next beach, several times in the past couple of days. My family has been kitesailing, and they have not seen any evidence of oil in the water. I've had a couple of patches of that thick oily stuff on the bottom of my feet twice in the past two days though, necessitating diluted bleach to scrub it off. It's a nuisance to get it on your feet, but that's the only visible evidence of any oil spill.

Status
Not open for further replies.