OK, I'll share this secret

GreyGhost

Jun 4, 2003
I second that

I have just returned from a trip where I had the pleasure of meeting Hillbilly for the first time outside this forum. Within five minutes of meeting him he invited to lunch at his house with his family. I can tell you Hillbilly has a great big heart and would offer help to people in a split second, but you must understand his sense of humour. He also has a vast knowledge of the DR as he has been there for over forty years. I had the pleasure of meeting the extended family and enjoying there company while relaxing two afternoons in his home. So, as you get to know him, Tired boy, I'm sure you will concurr.

Relax and look deeper into his comments, I am sure he regrets saying what he did, but he did. Maybe it was a little provoked but it is what it is. You will get over it as all of us will. I am sure he did not mean anything deeply insulting but rather a little sarcasm and off color humour.

I also would like to thank you for all the support and postive posts you yourself have made. :cool:

HB, Thanks again for the cigars and old whiskey. I enjoyed them very much! :smoke:

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Big Belly Laugh!

Every now and so often, even the renowned, famous and brilliant HB, the wise father of all the expatriate souls, goes off his meds for a little bit. But even off his meds, if he tells you to 'stick it', it might behoove you to simply 'stick it' for a wee while... On this board, you've gotta learn to roll with the punches...

Japke

Mar 26, 2004
andrea9k said:
I found it useful, even when i have been about 10 times to Samana, I love it. Maybe "we" could get less nervous about losing some bucks... I think newbies to DR and or DR1 could find his report useful too.

"We" could be more polite too, when deciding to edit/close a post/thread.

Jess :bunny:
Thank you Jess, I have been troubled by the ferosity of some of the responses, it was my very first post and now i know to be more personal when i post a thread.
and as far as sherlock holmes is concerned, i have always been a fan.
ola watson, i am female!

IrishKat416

May 12, 2004
Hillbilly said:
And Kate, me darlin', me wild Irish Rose, me little piece of the old sod, let me enlighten you jus' a wee bit.

What was fishy is that there were two references to a website and a clear advert for a hotel. Therefore, my dear Watson, this was not a trip report, but a poorly veiled advertisement. And this is a no-no. It only costs about $20 a month to run a little classified, fer Crissakes!!

Another thing. The whole piece (before editing), did not contain even one reference to "I" or "we" nor one "did this" or "did that", so I think you can see my point?

When you go someplace as beautiful as Saman?, you have to say 'something' about what you did. My kids, for example, used to skateboard up and down the hills in the town! And we had our own parrot that ate out of the kids hands-he belonged to the owners of the apartment we rented. You talk about eating fish and coconuts ("pescado con coco" ) or you have never been to Saman?...

Get my drift?

HB :D:D:D:D

I simply asked a question and was called a piece of old sod.....perhaps HB, you should look in the mirror....if anyone is an old piece of sod, it is you my dear. I do not understand why you have to be so rude in all of your posts. No, I have never been to Samana....but if the people are anything like you, than I would rather not go....perhaps you should high tail your a** back to the hills WVA or better yet....charm school. You just don't give anyone a chance....you spit nails with your acid tongue every chance you get when a little kindness goes a long way.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Ok, now group hug!!! Everybody forgive everyone, shake hands, take a deep breath, and go on!

Don Hillbilly, don't know you yet but in my book, your the Gran Jefe of DR1.

:D

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
IrishKat416 said:
I simply asked a question and was called a piece of old sod.....perhaps HB, you should look in the mirror....if anyone is an old piece of sod, it is you my dear. I do not understand why you have to be so rude in all of your posts. No, I have never been to Samana....but if the people are anything like you, than I would rather not go....perhaps you should high tail your a** back to the hills WVA or better yet....charm school. You just don't give anyone a chance....you spit nails with your acid tongue every chance you get when a little kindness goes a long way.

I see you're working hard at making friends here!

IrishKat416

May 12, 2004
So I am the bad guy????

CyaBye3015 said:
I see you're working hard at making friends here!

I simply asked a question and HB tore into me.....if this is what the "friends" are like in this board, then your answer is no. The only way you learn something is to ask questions and when someone asks me a question, I try to answer them with some respect...not a slap in the face and call them an old piece of sod. That may be his way, but to those of us who do not know that it is a different story. He very well may know a great deal about DR, but he should try and go a little easier on the "newbies". He didn't have to behave with the name calling like my second grader.

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
IrishKat416 said:
the "newbies".

"Newbie" is the point, HB is one of the biggest contributors to this board! Who are you to post questions, here then bitch about the responses you get?

IrishKat416

May 12, 2004
In response....

CyaBye3015 said:
"Newbie" is the point, HB is one of the biggest contributors to this board! Who are you to post questions, here then bitch about the responses you get?

Like I said, I am new to this board and if you don't ask a question, you will never know the answer. No-one else got nasty. I am sure he is a big contributor, but nasty is nasty...plain and simple. That was the only thing I "bitched" about....and he sure is getting alot of "press" from nasty I suppose. I can take what is dished out to me when it is deserved....this in my opinion was not...that is what I was trying to say...nothing more.......Cyabye.....