Olympics - Dominicans

DAKRA

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
Did anyone see the Dominican delegation for the Olympics? - I stayede up last night to watch the parade of nations. The Dominicans looked great, but I am not sure how many athelete will be competing this year.

I know that Baseball is not going to be played so thats a big bummer....

:chinese:

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
Did anyone see the Dominican delegation for the Olympics? - I stayede up last night to watch the parade of nations. The Dominicans looked great, but I am not sure how many athelete will be competing this year.

I saw the opening ceremony, i think, 25 athletes are going to compete.

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002

Their competing events are table tenis, boxing, women weight lifting and judo.
Spain brought in the biggest delegation out of 204 participating countries.

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
Last edited:

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
Spain brought in the biggest delegation out of 204 participating countries.

The U.S.A, China, Russia, Germany and Australia have bigger delegation than Spain.<!-- / message -->

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I watched it on local TV at 8:08/080808 and saw some of my judo friends.
did you mention Sailing? Ra?l Aguayo, brother of a poster here, is there...

Actually the DR delegation is pretty slim, but all that are there have qualified and deserve to be there (with possible exception of S?nchez, who is hurt and will not make semis...)

HB

DAKRA

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
The opening ceremony was awesome! - Congrats to the host country for a truly spectacular show. I've never seen anything like it. - I tried to watch as much as possible yesterday, but could only stay awake until the Parade of Nations. I was impressed with them all. I applauded when the Dominicans passed in review and cheered for the Americans.

This is a time for everyone to be proud.

:eek:gre: :cheeky: ;)

2008-Olympic-Games-building.jpg