On January 26 they will decide whether to send Kenyan troops to Haiti

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
On January 26, the Supreme Court of Kenya will determine whether the deployment of a multinational force in Haiti is contrary to that nation's Constitution.

According to reports from several media outlets in the African country, High Court Judge Chacha Mwita will determine the legality of this measure following complaints from political leader Ekuru Aukot.

While this ruling keeps the sending of Kenyan troops to Haiti on hold, the government continues with preparations for the arrival of around 1,000 police officers to Caribbean territory.

The most recent thing that was reported in local newspapers is that these officers will be members of the Rapid Deployment Unit , the Anti-Stock Theft Unit , the General Services Unit and the Border Patrol Unit of that country.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Guy Phillippe is already saying Haiti doesn't want them.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
change is possible if you send the USMC or the IDF. The day after they leave it will be business as usual. Further, what will be the Kenyans mission. No military operation is initiated w/o a mission.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Does he have a choice in the matter?
It's Guy Philippe. He was deported from the USA after doing time for either drug trafficking or arms trafficking or both and was received in Port-au-Prince like a king. That should tell you something. He seems to be aspiring to rule Haiti too.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
It's Guy Philippe. He was deported from the USA after doing time for either drug trafficking or arms trafficking or both and was received in Port-au-Prince like a king. That should tell you something. He seems to be aspiring to rule Haiti too.
They should build an impenetrable wall around that country and let them sort it out for themselves. No amount of outside "assistance" , no matter the intent, will make a difference.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
So now what for Haiti? Without Kenya it is unlikely any other countries will make a move.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I have worked with Kenyans overseas and based on their utter laziness their troops will lay in the shade, drink cheap liquor and after getting drunk molest the Haitian women. They won't take control of crime.
I think they could send some other UN soldiers who would be more respectful and actually accomplish something

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I have worked with Kenyans overseas and based on their utter laziness their troops will lay in the shade, drink cheap liquor and after getting drunk molest the Haitian women. They won't take control of crime.
Better off not having them
I think they could send some other UN soldiers who would be more respectful and actually accomplish something
I disagree. Nobody can fix Haiti. And it looks like nobody will try. Which makes sense when you actually think about it.

Reactions: XQT and Big

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
I'm sure there are many diseases not yet present in Haiti. The last contribution of the UN was leaving Haiti with cholera.

Btw, it's Juan Pablo Duarte's birthday. Supposedly, today is when the Kenyan ordeal is decided.

Father Guido

Jul 24, 2022
SDQ
the 'part time' US Secretary of Defense was in Kenya a few months ago guaranteeing US financial and logistical support for this mission, including all the necessary bribes to Kenyan and Haitian officials, so it's a 'done deal'

Father Guido

Jul 24, 2022
SDQ
when was the last time UN soldiers accomplished anything, thy hire cheap, untrained soldiers from third world counties

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
the 'part time' US Secretary of Defense was in Kenya a few months ago guaranteeing US financial and logistical support for this mission, including all the necessary bribes to Kenyan and Haitian officials, so it's a 'done deal'
They can't spend the US taxpayer dollars fast enough. Scumbags. The American election is just around the corner so I think It's too big of a gamble for Uncle Sam, with so many financial fires burning in other parts of the world right now, to take on Haiti.

Kenya was their only hope.
Haitians are going to have to start acting more civilized or they will continue suffering as a nation. Asking for aid, handouts, money, food, assistance or pocket change won't make a difference.
Change comes from within.