On my most recent trip, a young lady told me I could stay with her and her family.

live_for_life

Mar 4, 2007
On my most recent trip to Gazcue in Santo Domingo where I stayed at Hotel la Residence, this young lady's mother that I met after the daughter thru the hotel's taxi driver told me that I did not have to pay for a hotel room that I could stay with them next time. I barely knew these people and they barely knew me. The female taxi driver said it was a legitimate offer but then some people say if I stay with them that I would be buying food and a lot of other things. I guess if I put all my expensive items in storage so the family cannot steal them, then it would be okay to stay with them. When I turned my head, the female taxi driver associated with the Hotel Riprabella across the street from Hotel la Residence in Gazcue tried to open my travel bag I had in the cab when she thought I was not looking. Maybe just have my own habitacion or apartment and do not let any Dominican women spend the whole night with me.

curlando

Bronze
Jul 23, 2003
If you would have stayed with this taxi driver and her family; it would have cost you more than staying in a hotel in so many different ways.

cbmitch9

Bronze
Nov 3, 2010
On my most recent trip to Gazcue in Santo Domingo where I stayed at Hotel la Residence, this young lady's mother that I met after the daughter thru the hotel's taxi driver told me that I did not have to pay for a hotel room that I could stay with them next time. I barely knew these people and they barely knew me. The female taxi driver said it was a legitimate offer but then some people say if I stay with them that I would be buying food and a lot of other things. I guess if I put all my expensive items in storage so the family cannot steal them, then it would be okay to stay with them. When I turned my head, the female taxi driver associated with the Hotel Riprabella across the street from Hotel la Residence in Gazcue tried to open my travel bag I had in the cab when she thought I was not looking. Maybe just have my own habitacion or apartment and do not let any Dominican women spend the whole night with me.

Knowing that you may be one of the infamous "Sock Puppets", my question to you is, would you take up an offer like this in your country where you reside? If yes, then go ahead and take their offer and you will really have the time of your short life. If not, then you have nothing to worry about. People often come to the DR equating poverty to stupidity. Being poor in DR leads some people to be creative in their survival skills, such as fleecing sheep who stray from within the confines of their hotels.

gringobachata7

Sep 19, 2009
Always ask yourself what they want from you in return.

It sounds to me like they want and expect something huge in return. Maybe money, food, a visa for someone. Maybe a friendship where they can ask you to send them money because their job does not pay anything and they are losing their home. I would not stay in their home. It sounds very suspicious.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Simple and short............
You would have to be a total idiot to even think of doing this.............

B in Santiago

live_for_life

Mar 4, 2007
Are Dominican people more honest in Santiago than the people in Santo Domingo. I always hear that Santiago is a much better city to make a permanent residence in the Dominican Republic as opposed to Santo Domingo.

NV_

Bronze
Aug 4, 2003
Dominicans honest?..?..? LMAO!!!

Santiago is much cheaper than S.D.... that's about it. People in general are a little nicer in the smaller cities/towns but IMHO honesty is a quality that eludes all Dominicans... doesnt matter the city, state, or country they live in.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
......and why are you taking the advice of someone who opened your travel bag while you werent looking

live_for_life

Mar 4, 2007
would you stay in someones home you didnt know in your own country or go to a hotel

go to a hotel. Do most Dominican women lie because the American rapper Pitbull says in one of his songs, "Dominican women looking for VISAS" to come to the USA. I will get an apartment or habatacion libre in Santo Domingo because Dominican people will look out for each other whatever the costs even if a small white lie will do. I will practice the three F when it come to Dominican ladies :squareeye

live_for_life

Mar 4, 2007
......and why are you taking the advice of someone who opened your travel bag while you werent looking

A wise old man once said, "Birds of a feather flock together." And he said, "Fruit does not fall too far from the tree." I told the female taxi driver that I was going out on a date with her, but then she saw me take another woman out on a date so I showed her I was hip to the game being played in the Dominican Republic.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
The Dominican republic is not another world, basic life skills and common sense are still required.

There is a theory that random lobotomy are carried out as passengers pass through customs at PoP and SDQ airports. Unproven but they are confident in the theory as there can be no other reason for the brain damage some passengers suffer between departure and the arrival in DR.:alien:

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I dunno, I have. 30,000 volt taser I tested on my own leg and needed hospital treatment and have lost a chunk of my Tongue, pretty convincing for me, remember nothing! $80us from the gunshop on churchhill, think I'd rather be shot. Took me a week to get better.
The Dominican republic is not another world, basic life skills and common sense are still required.

I see you practice what you preach!

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Grow up Ian, your persistence to prove you have nothing better to do with your day than scrummage through the archives to hunt down old posts in the hope of bagging one up on people is nothing more than yet another example of how sadly immature your existence truely is, and how lonely your days truely are. You sit in contradiction, telling people they are sad for posting rubbish, and should get a life yet you constantly set you heights lower than the sewer level of good reading and entertainment, so go figure, who is the sad bastard here?

You say to me 'maybe concentrate on quality not quantity'? I figure this means if you have nothing to say then don't, why not give it a try? You and what you have to say is old news.

Seriously, your inane pleasures and how you create them require much to be desired, even if it was not old news. Wake up, smell the coffee you are only entertaining yourself.