One night in SD, which restaurant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Change of plans, or thought process. My friend wants Italian. I ate at a great place in the Colonial Zone. It was sort of an outdoor garden and disgustingly upscale, but the food was excellent. Does anyone know the name? I forget the name of the street, but I think it's on the street at the end of El Conde, the end where Hard Rock is.

This one?
Ristorante La Briciola

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
I would direct you to Hermanos Villar on independencia and Pasteur, but there is an undesireable element lurking there that is targeting tourists. Just last week an american was murdered on that street and the crime has NOT been solved.

Oh please, give me a break................

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Look this is the truth, barrio chicas are real happy eating at a pica pollo, a Chinese restaurant that serves the food in Styrofoam containers, McDonalds, KFC or a Pizza Hut. I can just imagine the look on her face at some fine restaurant when she sees the wine list and wants to know why they don't have Gitano cause it is so much cheaper.

Bryanell

Bronze
Aug 9, 2005
Change of plans, or thought process. My friend wants Italian. I ate at a great place in the Colonial Zone. It was sort of an outdoor garden and disgustingly upscale, but the food was excellent. Does anyone know the name? I forget the name of the street, but I think it's on the street at the end of El Conde, the end where Hard Rock is.

La Briciola on the corner of Padre Billini and Arzobispo Merino (Plaza Billini) it has a trendy bistro next door La Briciolin.....on the other side of the same little square is La Enoteca Wine Bar and LuLu Tasting Bar run by the chef of Pat 'e Palo.....

Bryanell

Bronze
Aug 9, 2005
If you want something a little different, try "Felafel Zona Colonial" on the corner of Sanchez and Padre Billini - Mediterranean Food in stylish surroundings....open from 16:30 to midnight

gas

Jul 28, 2013
Look this is the truth, barrio chicas are real happy eating at a pica pollo, a Chinese restaurant that serves the food in Styrofoam containers, McDonalds, KFC or a Pizza Hut. I can just imagine the look on her face at some fine restaurant when she sees the wine list and wants to know why they don't have Gitano cause it is so much cheaper.

Your wife?

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
Mimosa is really only a lunch time place in Zona Colonial but I do agree that ZC is definitely the place for one night ,I think the restaurant in Hotel Nicolas de Ovando is the best in SD but is expensive but all the restaurants in Plaza Espana have good fish choices and they are all very pleasant on a nice evening

gas

Jul 28, 2013
Thanks everyone, I have more than enough choices for my first and last nights, both of which will be spent in Santo Domingo. I appreciate the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.