One Way Ticket- Delta

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
Is this new ? I get the one way on line check in curb side and get on the plain.
Has something major changed?

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
Is this new ? I get the one way on line check in curb side and get on the plain.
Has something major changed?

It is possible their is something different, the lady from AA said "new rule", same as stated by the OP. But, I read about it on DR1 a while ago when we were moving here. We all flew Delta in to Santiago, one way, in September. All my tickets are one way, I just came from Frankfurt a couple months ago and no one asked. I've never been asked prior to May 1st

Apr 13, 2011
Just to add - if I am not checking a bag, then I have never been asked about the return ticket. But whenever I fly to the DR and check a bag (bringing additional stuff, therefor check in a bag), the person at the check-in counter in the US airport always asks to see the return itinerary/info.
And they never ever ask in the DR airport.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
the check-in counter is where they're supposed to ask you....
use a kiosk and you may get a question on the m/c but not usually

RD NEVER asks and the gate won't ask , usually

foggy memory, but I think on-line booking poses a question....I think:ermm:

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Listen,
They are getting strict....don't even chance it. I fly almost every week and since about January, if my ticket isn't round trip I am asked for the return flight.
And they are not just ASKING...the last time I had JetBlue going home but Spirit coming back and they asked me about my return flight and I just said "Yeah, I'm flying back on Spirit" thinking that would be all.
Nope. They stood there while I dug through my purse for my phone, waited for the wifi to act right, and pulled up my email itinerary.

Don't chance it.

SHALENA

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
So stay away from check in counter thy are out to try and make money off of us. F ing A holes !

you misunderstand...... you're breaking the rules.... they gain nothing

better to throw you off the flight , pocket the money and resell the seat to a standby...

try arguing with them - calling the F ing A holes -- watch what happens then !!

chrisgy

Jan 15, 2013
NOTE WELL: Delta does not have a 24 hour refund policy for flights that dont ORIGINATE from the USA. Some airlines expanded on the fed reg that was implemented for 24 hr refunds on flight booked 7 DAYS or more out ORIGINATING from the USA, Delta is not one of those. In other words if you buy a one way from DR on Delta, its not covered. Been there and done that. I was trying to beat the system, just decided the next morning I was gonna fly through a different airport and tried to cancel. I am gold medallion 50k miles a year on Delta and they didnt issue the refund because it was a split ticket with the one way originating from DR. I didnt argue too much because I was aware the Fed mandate only encompasses flights originating outside the states.

So two caveats 7 DAYS OUT and ORIGINATING airport (this is only for non-refundable Delta tickets, obviously if its a fully refundable ticket these rules dont apply)

Last edited:

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
This is a big problem it is like throwing $300 in the trash . What can we do now I do not have the money for a refundable ticket.
The best part about going to the DR is going in and out when I chouse on one way tickets.

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
This is a big problem it is like throwing $300 in the trash . What can we do now I do not have the money for a refundable ticket.
The best part about going to the DR is going in and out when I chouse on one way tickets.
Yachtie,
See post # 20. If'n you still no comprende, PM me, and I'll furnish the Pidgin English version.

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
Thanks everyone , sometimes dyslexia efects me in more ways then just spelling.
" I GET BY WITH A LITTLE HELP FROM MY FRIENDS "

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
Just called Delta to add a new born baby to my flight itinerary.

Make sure they charge you the taxes, and the 10% when you call. When my wife and baby flew from MSP to STI via delta last fall to look at houses, I called and added the baby to the ticket. She said, okay, it's done. When we got to the airport, the gate agent said that because it is an international flight, an infant in arms is not free. You have to pay 10% of the adult fair plus all the taxes. It ended up being about $150, and we had to wait their for 45 min while she called and made the reservation.