One-way with Sunwing

PrincesseEm

Dec 2, 2008
I have gotten mixed replies about people being able to book one-way flights with Sunwing if they go directly to the airport on the day of the flight. If you call Sunwing directly they flat out refuse saying it is their policy to sell roundtrip flights only.

I need to get from PUJ-YYZ on June 23 and Sunwing is the only airline with a flight that matches the times I need. Has anyone here actually had luck booking with Sunwing at the airport, one way?

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
PrincessEM,

What you need to do is call the local Sunwing office in Punta Cana on June 16 or 17th. This is 1 week prior to when you want to leave.

If the plane was not full flying into PUJ on the 16th, there will be 1 way tickets you can purchase to go home on the 23rd.

It still doesnt give much notice but at least you wouldnt have to go to the airport & hope for a seat at the last minute.

Sangria

PrincesseEm

Dec 2, 2008
Sangria - thanks for the quick reply! You would think someone who works for a major airline would figure that out but alas, I did not. ;)

Now...if anyone knows the phone number for the office in PUJ I would appreciate that...it is nowhere to be found on the Sunwing website.

Cheers!

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
1 traveler, one-way More flight details
<!-- Added for Classic Transportation Grease Monkey Scripts Start--><!--BASE_FARE_AMT BaseFare : $135.00--><!--TAX_VALUE_AMT Tax Amt : $90.40--><!-- Added for Classic Transportation Grease Monkey Scripts End-->Total airfare, taxes and fees: $ 225.40

Please note: At least one airline in this trip charges an additional fee for checked baggage. This fee is not included in your total trip cost. See details

Price Assurance Get our lowest fare or an automatic cash refund.

<TABLE class=flightDetailsSummaryTable border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=date>Tue, Jun 23 </TD><TD class=timeLabel>Depart:</TD><TD class=time>4:40 pm </TD><TD class=city>Punta Cana, Dominican Republic (PUJ) </TD><TD class=airline>US Airways 898

</TD><TD class=stops>1 stop </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD class=timeLabel>Arrive:</TD><TD class=time>11:58 pm </TD><TD class=city>Toronto, Canada (YYZ) </TD><TD class=airline colSpan=2>US Airways 1782 </TD></TR><TR><TD class=flightDetailsSpacer colSpan=5></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

PrincesseEm

Dec 2, 2008
Hi Rocky,

Thanks so much for the post...I have looked into all the possible options but unfortunately I need to be back in YYZ before 2000 in order to catch a flight with my own airline back to Calgary that evening. Sunwing is the only option I'm afraid. :(

I thought they were handled by Swissport out of PUJ but they are not listed on Swissport's website. The search continues!

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
I dont know the number but each tour operator has a local office in PUJ.

If you are near a resort they would have the tour operators books in the lobby and would have the number for the sunwing office....you could pop in or call one of the hotels to ask.

The agents in Canada have no idea what the local numbers are for any of the operators!!

PrincesseEm

Dec 2, 2008
Found it!

Sunwing is handled by AVIAM in PUJ...success! I found the information by looking up the data sheet used by my airline for PUJ...turns out we use the same ground handlers! I guess not everything can always be found on the World Wide Web!

Now I just hope I can reach them on Tuesday or Wednesday and get a seat on the plane!

Thanks again Sangria!