ONLY in DR (add yours to list)...

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Can openers confound them. We've had the same maid forever, over 10 years, and she knows not to ever use one of our knives to open a can. However, she can't figure out the can opener. After all this time, she brings me the can and opener no matter where I am. *We don't buy much canned foods, mostly tomato paste and coconut milk.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Can openers confound them. We've had the same maid forever, over 10 years, and she knows not to ever use one of our knives to open a can. However, she can't figure out the can opener. After all this time, she brings me the can and opener no matter where I am. *We don't buy much canned foods, mostly tomato paste and coconut milk.

you must have a very complicated can opener. my buddy told me that when his girlfriend saw his can opener for the first time, she asked him what it was.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
you must have a very complicated can opener. my buddy told me that when his girlfriend saw his can opener for the first time, she asked him what it was.

I've shown her several times, I think she tried and couldn't do it and so she claims she has arthritis and her hands aren't strong enough. Saves face. *I make mango bread all the time (we have a million) and she said she wanted to watch me next time. *I wrote out the recipe for her in Spanish, and she just stood there staring at the paper. *She said she didn't have her glasses, and I realized she probably can't read. *After all these years, I forget where I am sometimes*

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
using knifes as can openers, cloro for cleaning, can't count the number of shirts I've thrown away. But I have got the cleanest tennis in town that is until they fall apart!

Best suggestion is hide them both

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
Fixed contracts on electricity. I pay 600 for my house with three a/c's on day and night, three tv's ( why switch them off) *. For the small apartments I let I pay even less. I have a very kind and elegant dominican wife, she was the deal-maker I admit.

Segunda Casa

Nov 28, 2017
ODR - A guy drinking a beer whiling riding a motorcycle pulling off to the side of the road to ask me if I need a lift. (motoconcho)