Opposites (practice for beginners)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stewart

Mar 1, 2004
Lesley D said:
Stewart,

Thanks for confirming the rest of the responses. I am not too concerned about the slight variations that you would use for the opposite of "dulce- sweet" / "aceptar- accept" opinions may vary. Actually selected vocabulary from both my lists can have slightly different answers (I suppose). My goal was to give some of the beginners a chance to expand their vocabulary.

Thanks to all who participated. The thread does not have to stop here. If anyone wishes to continue or try something else for vocabulary enrichment please feel free.

LDG.

No problem. But I wouldn't want a novato going around saying that "limones son amargos". It doesn't make sense in Spanish or English.

MoReNiTa GuApA

Oct 8, 2004
Great Quiz

Hey LDG,

This was an execellent quiz. I printed them off and did them at work ;)

They were fun and I learned a couple of new words!! Anyway do you have any more games/ activities of this sort that we could work on...Or a website where we can get them. My old spanish teacher had these crosswords with easy vocabulary that helped us learn colors/numbers/fruits and veges/days of the week/months of the year and such. Although I am looking for something a little more challenging.

THANX AGAIN

MG

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
Thank you MG!

Morenita G,

Well thank you for your feedback. This is always encouraging. My intent is to come up with some more brain teasers in my spare time. I know you are looking for something more challenging but don't forget review of what you already know never goes to waste. Therefore keep reading the threads in the forum. Also I just sent you a PM.

PD. Espero que tengas un buen viaje y cuando regreses m?ndame un PM con todos los detalles.

Te cuidas,

Lesley D

Last edited:

mofi

Feb 9, 2005
Sorry I took so long. here are the english translations.

Amar-Odiar (To Love/ To hate)
Aceptar-Ofrecer (To Accept/ To Offer)
Amigo-Enemigo (Friend/Enemy)
Aqu?-Alla (here/there)
Caro-Barato (Espensive/Cheap)
Com?n
Con-Sin (With/Without)
Culpable-Inocente (Guilty/Innocent)
Dulce
Entrada-Salida (entrance/exit)
Gastar-Ahorrar (To Spend or waste/ To Save..when talking about money)
Gigante-Enano (Giant/Dwarf)
Hembra
Ma?ana-Ayer (tomorrow/yesterday)
Mismo-Diferente (same/different)
Mucho-Poco (Lots/Little....in terms of quantity)
Orgulloso
Perder-Ganar (Lose/Win)
Peligro-Seguridad (Dangerous/secure)
Pregunta-Respuesta (Question/Answer)
Subir-Bajar (To go up/ To go down)

Status
Not open for further replies.