Pan Am returns MAY 2003

mark porter

Jun 14, 2002
Pan Am will commence service to Santo Domingo Punta Cana, As well as Aguadilla from Orlando, Boston as well as Bangor/Maine. Pan Am's largest expansion planes begin in June when the will begin to provide service to the Caribbean as well as Central America. While this may not be good news for some it is however jobs and a stimulus for the Dominican economy.

GRS

Jan 2, 2002
Hey, they got now PUJ-BQN service...That's a new one....
And Cheap!! Only 475 dollars, WOW....better run and buy your tickets now!!. 457 from SDQ-BQN....276 from SDQ-SJU...511 from SDQ-SFB...and PUJ-SJU 473....

These offers are too good to be true! No miles, no service, old aircrafts, no business plan, cancel the flights whenever they please, I will become their most loyal customer..ROFLOL

Ok, I feel better now....

PS: You have been warned before, this airline doesn't care for you. If you buy a ticket it is your OWN responsability....Search through the threads if you don't believe it. Don't come back with a rant because instead of going SDQ-SJU you did SDQ-SFB-SJU.

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
I will have to agree with GRS as far as Pan Am's business plan.

If they are going to compete they need to be a little mor oragnized with their flight patterns.

I booked a R/T flight for my uncle from EWR to POP with stops at SJU back and forth. At that time, it the was his best and most econimical option. Well to make a long story short, when they were about to take off from Newark Aiport, the pilot got on and said they had a "last minute" change. They were going to stop in Sanford first to pick up some passengers. What a way to run a business. My uncle went from Newark to Sanford to San Juan to Puerto Plata.

Needless to say my uncle was upset. Guess what happened on his way back to Newark from Puerto Plata. Yeah u got it? They went from Puerto Plata to San Juan. Once in San Juan, they got on the plane and the pilot said they had to make a stop for fuel in Sanford. So my uncle went from POP tp SJU to Sanford(dont know the code) to EWR. At least tell the truth about why you are stopping. My uncle said the flight itself was smooth but who the hell wants to make all those stops.

They were only suppose to make a stop at SJU each way for an hour. You do not wait till ur customers are on the plane to tell them " oh by the way, you are going to arrve at your destination 8 hours late."

I welcome Pan AM the same way I welcome Aeromar. I like competition because it makes the big boys lower thier fares. But I would rather pay twice to go on AA and know that I will make it at the times I have planned and make it safely.

So Mr. Porter, if u are affiliated with Pan Am, tell them that it is good if they are planning tp continue but they have to get thier act together.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I love all the extra stops.
Extra stops = more landings and more take-offs. Wow, imagine all the excitement? Pan Am all the way.
hahahaha

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
exactly my point

more risks + risks

thats why they need to get thier act together

I don't undertand the business side of it. They are saving money but not buying newer planes but are going to spend excess cash on fuel and maintenance. Eventually it will catch up to them.

why oh why would I want to fly for 11 hours from here (NYC) to DR? Maybe the miles but I dont think that they offer it anyway.

Right now we have American, Continental(from Newark), North American Airlines, Aeromar, US Air with connections.

The sad thing is that my unlce was talking to people on that Pan AM flight that were going to DR. So they went from Portsmouth To Sanford to SJU to POP. What a nightmare!!

I hope Pan Am does come back but with better service and a different business plan.

mark porter

Jun 14, 2002
Airline s the positive and negative sides

I am glad to see that everyone is once again talking about aviation!!!!!! I had not taken a look at the site in quite some time and when I did It seemed that it ( THE WEB SITE )had lost it's focus and that everyone was rudly attacking each other and not respecting each others point of views. To disagree is ok but in a democracy one MUST learn to respect one anothers point of view!! That is why I am glad to see that once again people are discussing avation and not name calling as was the case a few weeks ago. Sincerely Mark:cool:

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
u are right Mark.

are u in any way affiliated with Pan Am? If you are, what are they doing to fix the current mistakes?

Apr 26, 2002
Mark Porter

cmedina07 said:
u are right Mark.

are u in any way affiliated with Pan Am?

GRS, I really liked the appropriate level of sarcasm in your posts about Pan Am. I used to write sarcastic things about Pan Am too, but was corrected by many at this forum with comments about how having service from that woeful excuse for an airline is somehow good for the Dominican economy. Besides, sarcasm often doesn't translate well for persons for whom English is not the first language. So let's cut to the chase: Pan Am sucks, and everyone knows it!

Is Mark Porter associated with Pan Am? He has been reluctant to answer that question in the past, finally, I think, writing at some point that he was not. Of course, that was only after Pan Am left the DR abruptly. And, to this day, his only postings seem to involve that porqueria "airline".

Now, I know that some people will insist on buying a ticket on Pan Am, even though their prices are nothing to write home about. These are the same kind of people who root for the Chicago Cubs or buy RC Cola. They just love the decrepit and obscure underdog, no matter how pitiful. Well, to restate what GRS said, you've been warned.

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
I do remember reading your post and asking him and I do not recall him ever saying. it does seem that he may be which is why I am curious to hear what he has to say.

I welcome Pan Am because although I may not fly with them, having competition will make AA lower its fares.

Thye have a fare for $331 for may to dr from JFK to SDQ. The more competition, the better it is for us. Let's see what happens

Apr 26, 2002
CMedina,

AA already has competition in New York from Aeromar, Continental and USAirways, all with regular scheduled service. For the real cheapos, there's also North American Airlines' scheduled charters. If those 5 airlines going head-to-head doesn't lower fares, I don't know what will.

Pan Am's POSSIBLE flights from Puerto Rico, Sanford and, pardon my laughter, Bangor, will do nothing to lower AA's fares. Pan Am does not serve the New York market. Pan Am's fares are never particularly low. And Pan Am's oddball scheduled frequency (e.g. Tuesdays and Fridays only) means that they wouldn't provide any competition anyway.

Most importantly, though, is that Pan Am, if they ever actually start any of these announced destinations, will stop them soon thereafter. And everyone knows this. Pan Am's impact is less than nada.

So don't "welcome Pan Am" unless you enjoy causing displeasure to the poor suckers who will try to fly that porqueria enterprise - it will do nothing to lower YOUR fares.

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
PAN AM here in Dominican Rep is like a joke, their frares are high, service is bad, frequencies are poor, and the most important fact, their ROUTES! :) So forget about it.

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
Porfio,

for some reason I thought they were going to bring back the Newark Route. I guess I was dreaming :)

in any case, what you said makes sense. it would really not really make a difference. AA had some fares at $648 to DR and now lowered them to 552. Economy, competion and threat of a war has made them offer lower rates.

mark porter

Jun 14, 2002
I am sure glad to see that everyone is again talking about aviation and not bickering. I do not work or ever have worked for Pan Am!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have always admired the origional Pan Am and believe that the new Pan Am will work out it's growing pains and become a sucessful airline. Having said this i do not understand all the corporate dicisions!!!!!!! Again i do not work for PAN AM!!!!!!!!!!!! mark