Parque de las luces

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Just giving this thread a bump. If anyone finds out if the parque de la luces will return this year please post opening date.

I missed it by one day last year and if it returns I sure would not like the same thing to happen this year.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
No way do I want to miss this................

[video=youtube;xBh6HR-oQjQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBh6HR-oQjQ[/video]

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
yeh im not overly enthused about a snowman in d.r. i would rather they have a plantain man dropping candy allover,,,,they most likely will never feel/touch/see a real fake or a frozen snowman...so its cruel...

4*4*4

Bronze
May 4, 2015
yeh im not overly enthused about a snowman in d.r. i would rather they have a plantain man dropping candy allover,,,,they most likely will never feel/touch/see a real fake or a frozen snowman...so its cruel...

But songs like "Gooey the Plantain Man" have an uphill battle to replace "Frosty the Snowman". Otherwise, I believe you are on to something.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
you know its for the children ...so why deny the kids make it real for them i propose we pass new legislature...

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Stopped by this evening 3 de diciembre. I guess another week and el parque de las luces will be complete and in full swing.

9zokdz.jpg

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Ahh it's not done but open, good time to go before the large crowds.

I would say no more than 20% of the lights were lit. All the food stands were not open. I will deal with the crowd as I really do want to see parque de las luces when it is fully lit up.

Thanks to you RG84 for your initial post two years ago. Funny thing is it always amazes me what little locals know of what goes on in la capital, or anywhere in la rep dom.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Don't know how long this will go on, but if you have a chance stop by the park at Bolivar and Alma Mater.
Nearly every tree is lit with different colored lights. Perfect place for families or really anyone.

Free to enter and there are food and beverage stands. All the usual Christmas themes are presented ( the manger, snow men, nutcracker etc)

This is one of those things that I like about living in a city.

Is that the Nutcracker or ball breaker or CC or both?

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Went back again, this time a Friday night December 11, 2015. It wasn't crowed at all, not like I thought it would be. A nice, no make that a very nice evening. Perfect place to take kids in the 4 to 8 year old range.

I don't see how anyone could complain or have bad words for parque de las luces............... FREE to enter

2a5hjed.jpg

TravelHippo

Mar 24, 2008
Here is a post my friend did about the park: http://drinkingthewholebottle.com/parque-de-luces/ with several great photos and some description/review. They had a great time by the sounds of it! I will be taking my family once we are off school for the holidays and will post on how we find it. I am sure it will be very crowded by the time we make it, so close to Christmas, but still, looks like a lot of fun to me... and especially my eldest daughter!!

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
......................... but still, looks like a lot of fun to me... and especially my eldest daughter!!

If you can invite some friends of your daughter to go. Kids love this place. There are several Pizza House places, so order a pizza, a two liter coco-cola and enjoy.

I had such a nice time I wish I was able to bring a bus load of kids. They would smile so much and I would be their super hero. LOL, but true