Particular dental procedure-performed in the DR?

susan77

Jan 19, 2008
Hi Ginnie (I just read your book, so I feel I "know" you!!)

Yes, I read all your posts about your multiple visits which is why I asked if that was the norm-- In this same thread, POP Bad Boy wrote:

The implants were $800 each but you can get them for about $700US each if you have more than 3.This includes giving you the "posts"...........that you need to have temps or permanents put on them..
I had temps put on until 6 months then had them replaced with permanents.........

I'm hoping I could go to Santiago while in Las Terrenas next month and have post installed and then return in November....but it requires monthly visits, that won't work!

And thank you also, Lajackael for your "vot of confidence"--I'm printing out your comments to show my dentist!
Susan

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Hi Ginnie (I just read your book, so I feel I "know" you!!)

Yes, I read all your posts about your multiple visits which is why I asked if that was the norm--...............

I'm hoping I could go to Santiago while in Las Terrenas next month and have post installed and then return in November....but it requires monthly visits, that won't work! Susan

I'm sure all dentists are different & thus organise a different number of appointments. Dr. Lepe is meticulous which is why there were so many. And possibly because if it isn't right he knows the fit will hit the shan :cheeky: (I jest, but he has said if he doesn't do it right one day he knows he will open a book & there staring up at him from the page will be the story of.........;) ). Possibly not all dentists do the 'after ceramic & before glaze' fitting, so you might get away with one less appointment. But you're going to have one for implants, one for moulds, one for fitting metal moulds & one when they come back finally ceramicked (& possibly glazed at the same time). BUT, like everything else in the DR, these things are negotiable & as long as you didn't mind waiting a while & fitting the next appointment in with your next trip, you'd probably find a workaround was possible, with whichever dentist you choose. Just explain to the dentist when your visits will be in advance of the proceedure, so both of you can plan accordingly.

If you decide on Dr. Lepe (which I think is a bit far for you from Las Terrenas) be advised that if you try 'rushing' him to the bare minimum number of appointments, he will tell you all about his postal service whereby he returns the crowns by post and you do the rest.........:) and he does it with such a deadpan, earnest expression that you'll be tempted to believe him. He understands gringos very well because he spends a fair bit of time out of the DR & is fluent in English.

susan77

Jan 19, 2008
Your "meticulous" Dr. Lepe sounds wonderful- I only wish he was closer!

(btw...I loved your book and will post about it when we return from LT and I have time at the end of the month--)
Susan

Arrica

Jun 3, 2006
one-stop implant procedure - update?

Dear all,

I am curious on any updates on this 'one-stop' implant treatment procedure that is mentioned in this thread - both procedure, time it took, number of visits (hopefully the procedure does not require repeated and lengthy returns to the dentist) and cost for the works.

thanks

DR_DEFENDER

Jan 8, 2002
Arrica, call the number that was posted. That's what I am about to do. However, I am a little hesitant to believe that all this could be done in less then one hour? Really, four implants and pulled two while he was at it? Again, in less then one hour????? I just have a hard time believe that. It takes a while to get these things done.

Any other info would be appreciated.

Thanks.

DR_DEFENDER

Jan 8, 2002

DR_DEFENDER

Jan 8, 2002
..............all done in less than 1 hour which included pulling 2 teeth at:

Dr.Juan Alonso Genao Frias
Edificio Ingco 1D-1
Av Republica Argentina
La Trinitaria
Santiago, RD
(809) 971-3616

have had no problems and my dentist in the US was very impressed........

I just came back from getting an implant done with this dentist and I must say that I was VERY IMPRESSED! The equipment there was top notch-some of the equipment was more modern than what my dentist here at the states has. I will definitely be going back to get some more work done with this dentist. Oh, and did I mention that they were very professional? Anyhow, the only thing is that I don't think the above address is correct. Anyway, you can just call them and ask for the address.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
You may need to pay for an ad to post your link, probably a smart investment.