Pasions Night Club And Plaza Gomez Diaz Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
I've always thought a gringo is a white foreigner for anyone. The other "qualities" are depending on the beholder. When a "gringo" is a CEO of whatever and comes to DR to close a deal and goes home the same day, he's a gringo nonetheless.
Gringo (green-go) is just the equivalent anglo word for Musi? (Monseiur), which in some southamerican countries is used to refer to white foreigners too...
I've never thought that "gringo" or "musiu" were offensive...

Not in that type of setting he will be Mr Smith, Mr Thompson, or Mr Davis, but never a gringo because of the professional type setting.

Think when you only hear the word Gringo, in the streets!!! You will never see a line at the airport stating "GRINGOS"

An extranjero and a Gringo are to different words on the streets. Its not meant to be offensive its meant to be GRINGO LOL!!!

Its very hard to describe a Gringo, but I know them when I see them.

You have three types of people in DR

Extranjeros, Tourists, Gringos:

Extranjeros deal more with the business side of things and they obtain certain types of visas, business, student etc.

Tourists deal with FUN in the SUN type of stuff, but ALWAYS leave when their plane ticket says.

Gringos LOLLLLLL!!!!! Wow!!!!!!! Where do I begin.

BTW I will say this out of the three one is more likely to marry a Dominican woman after knowing her for 3 months, also you can be a gringo of DR and have never step foot in DR. If a man is talking to a woman he met on "Dominican Cupid" and sending her money he is a GRINGO

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2005
As I've never heard of a light skinned Boricua or a Cuban referred to as a "gringo", I would say you would have to be a white American. Usually, it's a term used for white Americans because a European or Canadian will be generally referred to as an extranjero. Sometimes an white American will be clumped into this generality as well. But as a rule, a "gringo" is a white American.

Now, this has been sub-divided into an "older white American" due to the fact, that a white American child will be referred to as "gringito".

Como_un_cameron

Jan 8, 2011
As I've never heard of a light skinned Boricua or a Cuban referred to as a "gringo", I would say you would have to be a white American. Usually, it's a term used for white Americans because a European or Canadian will be generally referred to as an extranjero. Sometimes an white American will be clumped into this generality as well. But as a rule, a "gringo" is a white American.

Now, this has been sub-divided into an "older white American" due to the fact, that a white American child will be referred to as "gringito".

If you're white you're a "gringo", no matter where you are from!!
If you're black you are "negro"
If you're brown, you are "moreno"
If you're green, you are an extranjero.

So JMB is black ;)

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
when someone calls you "oye gringo", you know you are talking to ghetto people. The business men who come here for a meeting and then leave in 2 days may or may not be wanting to go to colmados or spending an afternoon in some barrio with a chica 1/3rd his age. The decent foreigners who stay in hotels and only socialize with other dominicans of equal standing in life are not generally disrespected like the way JMB has described above. Just the ghetto/barrio type dominicans have this such mentality. they are the ones who call an oriental person "chino". A brown person "arabe". A white person "gringo" etc. These people respect no one. they even call each other: gordo, gordis, flaco, negro, moreno, shorty, viejo, papo blah blah.
So it all depends on who you deal with in this country. I try not to become friends with chopos. I would not drop myself down to their level and speak in their lingo to beg them to accept me as one of their own. This is totally a wrong approach to deal with them as they will lose respect for you if they hear you speak like them and use the same ghetto slang as they do. Instead, I speak to them with authority and use proper formal language. I often refer to them as "usted". This way they are compelled to raise up their standards to be able to communicate with me. I get things done far easier than being their chopo friend.
AZB

porkman100

Gold
Apr 11, 2010
don't bother. you will be disappointed. 99% of gringos in DR have no game. period. The ones who do, are not the ones drooling at young chicas in passion club. These guys are already set up and almost have no time or ardent desire to go out and pick up girls. They have their hands full.
The clueless gringo is either dating a semi hooker, married to one or simply supports her lifestyle with cash. many guys have kids with their maids and hookers they have dated. This is all pathetic to see, how gringos trying to buy "girlfriend experience" time from ghetto hookers.
So save your bus money and have the same laughter in santo domingo. The only positive part about santiago mongering is, guys are getting prettier girls/hookers than their counterparts in santo domingo. I have lived in santiago for many years and I can confirm, santiago girls are far prettier in general that the girls in SD.
AZB

Dang AZB...I think after reading this...I may be getting a little gringo in my old age. Now..never mated with maids..(I dont have any) thanks for posting all this trues.

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
"Gringo" simply means foreigner. From their perspective, you are either a Dominican, or you are not. They may love your company, but you are - and will always be - a gringo.

Color references like "negro" or "rubia" are informal, and denote some sense of familiarity. But the word is like "farang" in Thai or a more welcoming version of "gaijin" in Japanese.

And, "game" (defined as the ability to attract women without relying solely on money, looks, fame or influence) is virtually impossible for any person who lacks a solid grasp of Espanol.

Here's a easy yet brutal test: if you can pick up exceptionally desirable women in your home country, using only your conversation skills, at virtually any time from virtually any place, then you've got game, both there and in DR. Good for you.

If not, you're a sex tourist relying on your economic advantage. Even if you've been living there for decades. Embrace it, have a great time, really.

But, this above all: to thine own self be true.

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
Most African American people are "brown" but on some occasion you see some with the type of skin tone found in Kenya or the Sudan on the whole Dominicans are darker then African American if you really want to be truthful.

Yes you read it correct most Dominicans are darker then African American. I will even quote a guy that visited to DR " Damn Dominicans are black as hell"

In AA community you have women labeled "RED BONE" and these women are much lighter then most Dominicans and the USA is filled with "red bones"

BTW Beyonce is considered a "red bone"

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
If you're white you're a "gringo", no matter where you are from!!
If you're black you are "negro"
If you're brown, you are "moreno"
If you're green, you are an extranjero.

So JMB is black ;)

Really!!! What if I told you the Dominican "Dream Team that won the WBC players are a million times darker then JMB773 ever could be.

BTW JMB773 is not black, but I am African American ;)

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
Who cares. If you like poor girls and got no game so what. If you had a baby with a girl 1/2 your age and you are ok with it good for you. If some people in the DR over charge you a few dollers and you are none the wiser ooo well ! My x has a new gringo and I am happy for them booth. Live your life be happy with your self that is having game in my book. All the rest is fake EAGO B.S.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
most african american people are "brown" but on some occasion you see some with the type of skin tone found in kenya or the sudan on the whole dominicans are darker then african american if you really want to be truthful.

Yes you read it correct most dominicans are darker then african american. I will even quote a guy that visited to dr " damn dominicans are black as hell"

in aa community you have women labeled "red bone" and these women are much lighter then most dominicans and the usa is filled with "red bones"

btw beyonce is considered a "red bone"

?????????????? This is getting weird.

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
Who cares. If you like poor girls and got no game so what. If you had a baby with a girl 1/2 your age and you are ok with it good for you. If some people in the DR over charge you a few dollers and you are none the wiser ooo well ! My x has a new gringo and I am happy for them booth. Live your life be happy with your self that is having game in my book. All the rest is fake EAGO B.S.

You couldn't be more right!
The other people are not in bed with you or paying your bills.
They should focus on their own lifes and hopefully be happy and healthy.

Feb 15, 2005

Wise ........one life, limit your regrets. The worse of which are the things you DON'T do.

That's my mantra.

Status
Not open for further replies.