Passport for car rental deposit??

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
All of the people who finance this industry sicken me. I do not for one minute judge the people who in my opinion are the victims of this perversion.

Please explain what humping has to do with renting a car, unless you are humping in the car?

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
AND... I can tell you that none of their relatives look anything like me AND.... I don't look like a sex tourist!! I used to think I was discerning but..... can't figure this place out. I 100% trust the two people who recommended him (they have no connection to each other) and his business. I think he was trying to protect himself from sketchy tourists but....am 100% confused. I don't like being confused. :)

Just because they ask to hold your passport, doesn't mean they are trying to screw somehow - it's an extra layer of protection to some small guys in the rental business.

aguas

Feb 7, 2010
All of the people who finance this industry sicken me. I do not for one minute judge the people who in my opinion are the victims of this perversion.

You did say you were in Sosua right? Just checking! You mentioned having a passport, so I am assumming you are a tourist. IF you have sex while you are there, YOU JUST MIGHT BE A SEX TOURIST!

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012

Well I guess all of my friends, colleagues, golf buddies, Doctor, waiter at my favorite restaurant and pretty much everyone I know on the island, sickens you.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Well I guess all of my friends, colleagues, golf buddies, Doctor, waiter at my favorite restaurant and pretty much everyone I know on the island, sickens you.

Let me let you in on a little secret, sex-tourism is a very small percentage of Dominican GDP, contrary to your belief.

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
cobraboy;1184417]Maybe he knows them all.
I would venture to say I have contributed less to that portion of the GDP than you. You have been on the Island longer :)

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
cobraboy;1184417]Maybe he knows them all.
I would venture to say I have contributed less to that portion of the GDP than you. You have been on the Island longer :)
I don't even visit Sosua or Boca Chica, and rarely visit Cabarete.

aguas

Feb 7, 2010
Let me let you in on a little secret, sex-tourism is a very small percentage of Dominican GDP, contrary to your belief.

It wouldn't be if they charged the Dominicans the same as the Tourists I am just a little curious as to how one would go about determining how much GDP is made from this industry? Do the girls file tax returns at the end of the year? Who gathers this data, and how is it done?

aguas

Feb 7, 2010
I don't even visit Sosua or Boca Chica, and rarely visit Cabarete.

As if these "activities" are isolated to those areas only!

I confess to bringing my "stimulus package" to the DR economy several times a year!

pinyon

Jan 17, 2012
The car rental dealer told my friend he had to protect himself from "sex tourists". So sorry that this thread ended up where it did.

May 29, 2006
No one can legally ask you for your passport aside from a judge to keep you from fleeing the country. It's not yours to give away-- it's the property of your country's state department. A copy can suffice since they can use the number to prevent you from leaving in case there is a dispute.

I have a copy of my passport scanned online in case I lose the original when travelling.