pc technician

wim

Jan 10, 2002
Who can give me a good addres of a pc technician in San Cristobal or Santo Domingo ?

Somebody with experience with a " disk-on-chip " harddisk .

Need some answers .
Thanks , Wim .

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
wim said:

Somebody with experience with a " disk-on-chip " harddisk .

Need some answers .
Thanks , Wim .

What the heck is a disk on chip harddisk? Can you name a make and model? I am wondering if you mean IDE or like a USB memory key or what?

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Wim,

What are you trying to accomplish? Most PC techs should know this.

ricktoronto - Disk on Chip is old technology that is only coming into its own now for the very lightweight, mini-pc's. Digital Cameras have been using this technology for several years. It is basically a single-chip flash disk which comes in various plug-in configurations (i.e., USB, IDE, SCSI, PC Cards, etc.) with technology built-in to provide read-write disk emulation. You get disk on chip, disk on key and flash disks. (probably some others that I don't know about). Just basically a solid state solution based on flash technology for storing data - another type of storage mechanism.

If you're trying to do an install, you would need the right drivers like most other things on PC's - If you're trying to use it in a digital camera, you have to have the right plug-in module as the camera manufacturers have about 6 different standards.

Depending on what you're trying to accomplish, we can probably help you right here. It would be good for the forum as most new mini-pc's utilize this in some form or another.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Can you name a supplier?

Chris said:
Wim,

If you're trying to do an install, you would need the right drivers like most other things on PC's - If you're trying to use it in a digital camera, you have to have the right plug-in module as the camera manufacturers have about 6 different standards.

Can you name a brand? I THINK you are meaning compactflash, smartmedia, SD, MMC, etc. I use SM and CF for digital cameras ec., but they are so slow I cannot imagine booting or running an PC off of them other than as additional ROM storage for Palm or Pocket PC.