Pedro Clisante Barrier

msmfgf

Jul 12, 2013
when the road was closed before we found we could park CLOSER to the restaurants, maybe because more people walked or got taxis for their night out

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Why do they close that part of the road to vehicular traffic at night?

Because they want it to be pedestrian only during those hours.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Pedro Clisante is a one way street to begin with, and there is no corresponding opposite one way street next to it as in more organized places.

In El Batey, the main tourist part of P. Clisante, the corresponding opposite way is one block south...called Hwy 5. These roads diverge and get further apart the further east you go, but the barriers exist only the aforementioned section of the street. Really only one block is closed to vehicle traffic and at night there are just too many people staggering around for vehicles to be whizzing by.

I support the closure idea and personally think the rest of the triangle should be gated at night too.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Pedro Clisante is a one way street to begin with, and there is no corresponding opposite one way street next to it as in more organized places.

There are two two-way streets on either side of Pedro Clisante, each one block away. The pedestrian zone only consists of a one block stretch of Pedro Clisante, with "corresponding opposite one way streets" on either end of the zone...makes a very simple to navigate loop, with plenty of parking on three of the four streets that make up the loop (the fourth being the highway).

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i gotta admit that road system in sosua confuses my little gringa brain. whenever i go there by car i park in plaza mazur, playero or sometimes in front of rockys and just walk.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
They close it for a time then reopen it because they have no idea what they are doing and everyone is telling them what todo. They are politicians and want to appear to be doing something. You must agree we cannot accuse them of doing nothing.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Sorry, but I don't understand your problem with the closure - especially as you are supposedly an experienced driver. It is a piece of cake to circumnavigate the closed off section.

caribbeankeith

Jun 3, 2016
I totally agree,lol. it only so many left turns to take before you are back where you started, or right turns depending which way the one way system runs,
I noticed the damaged barrier today, maybe we should " BUILD A WALL " LOL
like the old song says "so high you cant get over it, so wide you cant get round it, so low you cant get under it , gotta go through the door.lol........again maybe too much logic in one post for some

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Please post when they fix the broken barrier.

Despite that, is traffic not permitted between 6 PM and 6 AM?

Irie

Aug 15, 2014
Please post when they fix the broken barrier.

Despite that, is traffic not permitted between 6 PM and 6 AM?

The barrier was somewhat straightened out yesterday and the street was closed sometime after 6:30. Today the Cestur came walking down the street at 6 trying to get the cars removed. I'm still not sure what time it reopens in the morning.

Oct 11, 2010
Last night after CESTUR, PN and the fiscal took their nightly walk inspecting Pedro Clisante at about 12:30 am, the barrier arm at the entrance to Pedro Clisante was torn and separated from it's support and left on the side of the road.

We were told that several motoconcho drivers were responsible.

16c166p.jpg

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
For the monger world, DR1 is a prime resource for this type of info.

Now imagine all the mongers already having tickets having to change them for other locations in DR, as well as, other place throughout the world that cater to their needs.........

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Maybe Boca Chica

For the monger world, DR1 is a prime resource for this type of info.

Now imagine all the mongers already having tickets having to change them for other locations in DR, as well as, other place throughout the world that cater to their needs.........

Let them try Boca Chica - Sosua could use less mongers for a break: :bunny:. Maybe North American Europeans families would return ?

Jul 28, 2014
Let them try Boca Chica - Sosua could use less mongers for a break: :bunny:. Maybe North American Europeans families would return ?

If there was zero prostitution starting right now, how long do you really think it would be until Sosua would be a family destination? As many people have mentioned, it has nothing compared to what a myriad of other places have.

It has one A-I hotel, no attractions other than the beach for kids, and not really much for the parents to do either... I think Cdn nailed it by saying, the best chance Sosua has is if its going to get serious about the "clean-up", and stick to it, that reinventing it as a retirement community is its best hope for an influx of $$$

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
i gotta admit that road system in sosua confuses my little gringa brain. whenever i go there by car i park in plaza mazur, playero or sometimes in front of rockys and just walk.

I am not the only one that thinks its a labyrinth with one way and no way out?

Billp

Feb 2, 2013
It's pretty simple, especially compared to Santo Domingo or Santiago............. and especially so compared to Rio

Irie

Aug 15, 2014
Last night after CESTUR, PN and the fiscal took their nightly walk inspecting Pedro Clisante at about 12:30 am, the barrier arm at the entrance to Pedro Clisante was torn and separated from it's support and left on the side of the road.

We were told that several motoconcho drivers were responsible.

16c166p.jpg

The street has remained open tonight. Well at least as of a few minutes ago.