Perla Marina association fee

Status
Not open for further replies.

mura

Aug 25, 2006
I purchased a house at Perla Marina (not Ocean Sands) a three years ago. On the closing day I been told (my attorney) that there no association with rules and regulations at Perla Marina. We continued to make a payment of 800 pesos per mo. as previous owner did for administration. Right now the person Wolfgang naming himself as a director of association and in scary way bothering us to pay him $100 per mo. We asked him to show us a paper with calculation of the budget and payment distribution around the houses at Perla Marina. Never received anything. If the owners of Perla Marina can share the information about how much and on which grounds we should pay the association (administration) and where those money will go? Thanks

mura

Aug 25, 2006
The lawyer was Guido Perdomo. Does it matter? I know that it mess in Perla Marina; some owners didn't pay a penny. If should pay that it supposed to be on proposed budget for the current year for all houses. Don't you agree?

mura

Aug 25, 2006
No owners from Perla Marina? or we waiting until another person collect the money and left the island?

Aug 21, 2007
I own in Perla Marina.

I urge you to go to the Teja Tec office and speak to Andrea. SHE is the president of the association no matter what Wolfgang claims he is. He is not even an owner here.

We ARE a legal association. Please as you enter the gate, read the information posted on the notice board, along with our papers of association. They are there posted for all owners to see.

The neighbors of Perla Marina who are active in keeping up the neighborhood and working to assure good security work closely together. I am a bit surprised if you live here that you don't know these neighbors and haven't heard about the $100 monthly fee, which I have been paying for the 4 1/2 years since I purchased here.

The neighbors are very friendly. Many of them take walks throughout the neighborhood in the morning and early evenings. Stop them, introduce yourself, and feel free to ask them what you would like to know.

My realtor informed me of association fees when we bought. At that time, I went to the Teja Tec office and asked the questions myself. Andrea is very open with all the accounting books. She often asks if residents would like to come by and review the books. She receives no pay for managing the association.

The $100 goes for main gate security, opening the gate and screening visitors, and night security. The Perla Marina security has been excellent ever since Puerto Plata Security took over.

Additionally, excess money collected goes for making road repairs, replacing street light bulbs when they go out, and doing storm clean up, which was excessive in the past month.

Also, the active association members use their own money to pay to have vacant lots cleaned. Many of these lot owners are absentee owners. Thus, to help keep our neighborhoods looking nice and to increase security, we pay out of our own pockets to have the lots cleared or we have our own gardeners do the work.

I am so sorry I haven't been able to respond to your questions the moment you posted. However, my schedule is busy. As soon as I logged on and saw your post, I responded.

Should you have further questions you wish to ask me, feel free to PM me. If you care to meet me, I will send you a message detailing where I live and we can meet. I would be happy to even take you to the Teja Tec office.

I am sorry you have these misconceptions about Perla Marina. Perhaps I can help you clear them up.

Lindsey

Reactions: Keith R
Aug 21, 2007
Something I forgot. If you purchased three years ago, I am surprised you did not attend any of the neighborhood meetings or receive any of the messages via email and also handed out at the main gate over the years....or spoke to neighbors who have gone gate to gate giving information in the past.

In fact, when we have had meetings in the past, we even held separate meetings for people who speak different languages. There was one in German, one in English, and one in Spanish. The newsletter and notices were also printed in the three languages.

I am not quite clear how you missed receiving this information. I do know that if you introduce yourself to Andrea, she will make certain you are included in the future.

Lindsey

Reactions: Rbh44

mura

Aug 25, 2006
Thanks a lot Lindsey! I know a few neighbors around me; they are seams surprised of amount of $100 per mo that Wolfgang demanding. Some of them are long time residents of Perla Marina. I am certainly contact you when we will return from States.

Aug 21, 2007
A bit of advice. Be careful what you say about others. It may come back to bite you.

Lindsey

Last edited by a moderator:

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Mura,
In your OP , you mention an RD$800 fee. Who did you make that payment to? Did you get receipts and if so who signed them for what organisation?

Olly

mura

Aug 25, 2006
Made payments of 800 pesos for Perla Marina administration, got receipt. I don't remember who was signed; just a signature. Problem is not a payment for administration; it is how it been conducted by Wolfgang and that not every houses paid the same amount; some paying $30 US; some didn't pay nothing. Lindsey says that she paid $100 US. Long time residents of Perla Marina never paid more then 800 pesos per mo.

Aug 21, 2007
Made payments of 800 pesos for Perla Marina administration, got receipt. I don't remember who was signed; just a signature. Problem is not a payment for administration; it is how it been conducted by Wolfgang and that not every houses paid the same amount; some paying $30 US; some didn't pay nothing. Lindsey says that she paid $100 US. Long time residents of Perla Marina never paid more then 800 pesos per mo.

Mura, that isn't exactly right. When you return, please go with me to the Teja Tec office. I will make sure you can see the financial records. Doing so, you will learn that the majority of Perla Marina residents DO pay $100 every month.

I am aware of a couple of individuals in the past who went to the office and explained about financial difficulty and they were permitted to pay less until they recovered. I am also aware of a couple of households who refuse to pay. Night security is not provided in their direct area.

And, in an effort to have EVERYONE contribute to the neighborhood security and upkeep expenses, Wolfgang was asked to go to those very households who were not paying their fair share and urge them to do the right thing and participate with the association. Perhaps that is why you met up with him. I don't know.

However, since I purchased my home from the Century 21 office with Guido Perdomo as my attorney, I was told the fee is $100.

Additionally, Juan Perdomo is also a resident of Perla Marina. He provided assistance when the Perla Marina Association was negotiating with him and another person for the land to improve our beach access. So, of course, they are aware that we are a legal association.

This monthly fee is not and was never presented as an administration fee. It has gone towards security and the things I previously mentioned.

If you have a receipt, then please look at it. The heading clearly says "Asociacion pro desarrollo de Perla Marina" (Perla Marina Association.) I must assume you received this receipt by paying the receptionist at Teja Tec. Or, perhaps if you paid Wolfgang directly, you received this receipt from him.

Please, instead of continuing to be upset, why not simply wait until you return from the States and accompany me to the office. You can then see the records for yourself, and at that time, should you desire to post here, you will have the correct information and facts.

Lindsey

Last edited:

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
And on that note we will close this thread.

I'm sure if you have any questions you can PM Lindsey directly.

Status
Not open for further replies.