Perla Sosua: Where is Brent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

need2know

Feb 23, 2009
I see. Well, thank you for the information. However, my concern and my family's concern for Brent is genuine and grows more and more each day. The situation is certainly one to bring suspicions.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
He must have family somewhere - why have they not contacted the press or authorities? Don't his friends or employees in DR have any way to contact them?

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
And what about the other thread, accusing the first poster ????

The plot thickens........

need2know

Feb 23, 2009
I don't believe anybody in the DR has any contact info for his family. Not sure what his personal life / situation is in that regard or what actions his family has taken, if any. He travels back and forth quite a bit for various periods of time, and if I'm not mistaken has property in other places as well, so not sure if his absence from the US is unusual or not.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I see. Well, thank you for the information. However, my concern and my family's concern for Brent is genuine and grows more and more each day. The situation is certainly one to bring suspicions.

"Suspicions": The act of suspecting something, especially something wrong, on little evidence OR WITHOUT PROOF.
2. The condition of being suspected, especially of wrongdoing.

Being concerned for a person's well-being is definitely not the same as insinuating someone (who is also a good friend of mine)may be involved in the disappearance of another individual.

With that being said, I hope Brent is ok.

need2know

Feb 23, 2009
Well Cristo, I don't know your friend and I am not accusing him of anything. Of course, I could sit here and speculate all day, and in all honesty would love to ask your friend, or you, for details about what has occurred, etc., but I think that's a pretty lousy way of handling things, at least doing so on a public message board. There's only so much I know, and that is what I have stated. And yes, suspicions, are just that: suspicions. Not facts. But a man is missing. And I hope as well that he is ok.

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
White man come down, open apartment type seedy hotel, get involved with Chica and other Dominican man baby = not a good idea...

Big Dan

Feb 14, 2009
I find it very odd that the U.S. Embassy would investigate anything regarding a missing person in a host nation. Embassies and consular agents have no investigative authority abroad. At most they can act as a liaison with the police and host country investigators. Based upon that I find the response given in the second thread to be inadequate, merely answering or acknowledging theories posed in the first thread, a form of "it wasn't me"... perhaps it wasn't. On the other hand, if anyone leaves through an airport then Lewis' scanned passport is certainly visible through a database somewhere.

If employees aren't being paid, as need2know stated, then someone is missing, either Lewis or the new owners.

It really does need to be run to ground. Lewis needs to be found.

There is an FBI attache at the embassy in Santo Domingo. Their phone numbers are 1-809-221-2171 or 1-809-221-8100.
The FBI in Santo Domingo covers Dominican Republic, Haiti and Jamaica. They, like Embassy consular officers, do not have investigative powers without invitation from the host country, but can act as an advocate for family members to get the investigative process going.

Big Dan

Feb 14, 2009
Alter-ego, the photo that was posted without approval is already in the public domain, taken from a post on a facebook page, with the obvious permission of those being photographed... it is what it is...but I understand your reasons based upon strong allegations.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Well Cristo, I don't know your friend and I am not accusing him of anything. Of course, I could sit here and speculate all day, and in all honesty would love to ask your friend, or you, for details about what has occurred, etc., but I think that's a pretty lousy way of handling things, at least doing so on a public message board. There's only so much I know, and that is what I have stated. And yes, suspicions, are just that: suspicions. Not facts. But a man is missing. And I hope as well that he is ok.

I understand. I am happy to provide you with all of the details I have thus far. Here is what we know "occurred"It appears, after speaking with
my friend (who is a female, not a he) the individual who first created this THREAD is also a disgruntled
ex-employee of Perla de Sosua. He (the ex-employee) was fired for stealing and selling drugs. He has also
been holding a very public grudge with the female (my good friend) who is in the photographs that were
removed earlier today along with his initial post/ thread.

The women he is insinuating may be some how involved in Brent's disappearance has already been questioned
by the authorities. She has been told by the authorities that they (the police) have already verified with the
attorney's who handled the sale of the business that yes, the business was sold. To whom it was sold is not
important. The person who posted this thread about Perla de Sosua has stated otherwise and seems to be
harboring some animosity towards the employees now running the hotel.

The person (and yes I have met him on several occasions) who posted this THREAD should know better then to post pictures of her and her daughter on the internet while trying to insinuate that she is somehow responsible for Brent's disappearance.

If you feel like she is responsible D, prove it first before you slander her name and
reputation across the internet.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
The authorities are not done investigating. The case is not closed. Suspects are questioned but that does not
mean they are in the clear. As the investigation proceeds, depending on the evidence found they will again
interrogate the suspects and possibly arrests are made then.

I am not insinuating anything or accusing anyone . Just letting everybody know about police procedures.

Big Dan

Feb 14, 2009
Cristo, the focus should probably be on the whereabouts of Mr. Lewis, who I hope shows up soon.

The selling of real estate and personalty doesn't relieve persons of interest of culpability, it is merely an additional factor to consider...a money transaction took place and only adds to the list of reasons why someone might go missing. Your friend obviously knew about the real estate transaction, and the other employees are left wondering why they haven't been paid. That doesn't paint a favorable picture.

Even if innocent, this is a no win situation for your friend and her boyfriend until Mr. Lewis is located.

Your friend really needs to let that photo thing go. It is available through facebook for anyone in the world to view without her permission.

Were the authorities "embassy people"?

rsg

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
Oh no maybe those famous Sosua kidnappers are up to their old tricks again. Has anyone thought about looking in Boca chica?

Status
Not open for further replies.