Pica. Picante.

Tom0910

Sep 28, 2015
When cutting up with knife do NOT rub your eye, very painful
I used to grow habaneros at my farm in C.T., one day I had a brain fart and during harvesting peppers I went to pee without thoroughly washing my hands,ouchy.....

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Even if you re-use the kitchen towel that you used with the habaneros you will feel it. It's like fire ants plus/max.

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Even if you re-use the kitchen towel that you used with the habaneros you will feel it. It's like fire ants plus/max.
Any hot peppers. Until you neutralize with a base (as the heat and burn from peppers is because of the acid qualities) the burn stays. Soap is a base, Clorox is a base, so just maintain basic human hygiene and the burn will go away. Oh, you also have to wash the kitchen towels

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
To clean the hot off your hands spray and rub them well with WD40 well then wash with them off with Dawn liquid dish detergent

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010
Manny years ago from a trip to India I learned that if you mouth is burning from spicy food, a spoon of sugar kills the burning immediately. Drinking water will not help.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Manny years ago from a trip to India I learned that if you mouth is burning from spicy food, a spoon of sugar kills the burning immediately. Drinking water will not help.
No one does this. They make naan, cracker and chutneys to sooth the heat. Also yogurts. I've never seen an Indian person take a spoon of sugar. Unless she had an umbrella and flew through the air.

Nov 9, 2023
SC
Cocos does the trick as well. Learned that in Sri Lanka.

In car ads I often read “aire que pica”, must be the cold version of hot.