Pictures from Pedernales and Lake Enriquillo

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
All you current and future motorcyclers, while easy riding down the South West coast road, please whistle the following tune for me....;-)

YouTube

Motorcycler

Jan 20, 2007
www.motorcycler.com
I don't know if the 115 can but I do have a Suzuki Bandit 1200 in Florida with about 125 bhp that pops unwanted wheelies that I would bring here if I could figure out how to do it w/o paying taxes - any ideas?

The bandit is a sharp bike with lots of pep... Nice on curves too...

Well I can tell you that if you could get it into PR, it can travel and stay in the DR indefinitely without paying taxes as long as you license it in PR. What might be somewhat tricky would be getting it to PR and licensing it here. That would run you upwards of a grand and then it just might be cheaper to take it into the DR altogether from Florida.

Hmmm I'll check it out with a couple of friends and let you know later.

Motorcycler

Jan 20, 2007
www.motorcycler.com
Motorcycler, I've always wanted, but haven't yet, traversed the roads along the Haitian border. I wonder if you have done it or plan on it?
This is another fascinating part of the country I'd like to someday explore.
I heard that new roads are being build but that it's still treacherous, (personal safety). What's your opinion?

I have tried but have not gotten far on those roads as many are just dirt and are in bad need of repair. It is getting better for the south and this year we are planning to check out a couple more in Independencia and San Juan. But not holding my breath.

As far as personal safety I have never really worried much about it since we are usually in a pack and that is intimidating enough for any and all comers. I would be very cautious to do it alone...in fact I probably would not do it alone.

Motorcycler

Jan 20, 2007
www.motorcycler.com
Motorcycler y Mirador,

First photo is a " flip " of the second but it is of the road down to Paraiso after going past Punta Arena. The correct photo is shot from Playa Paraiso looking north.

The third photo is Playa Paraiso looking South with Los Patos in the distance.

Last photo is Playa San Rafael looking to the North.

And I have to live with this " stuff " everyday !!!!

Going on my two month summer walkabout. Back August 1st...

you guys need to drop by Cabral when you are in the area.

take care,

kFrancisco de Cabral

I'll try to see you next time Francisco... We'll let everyone know as the july date comes around the bend so as to meet up. Thanks for the clarification.

C

Chip00

The bandit is a sharp bike with lots of pep... Nice on curves too...

Well I can tell you that if you could get it into PR, it can travel and stay in the DR indefinitely without paying taxes as long as you license it in PR. What might be somewhat tricky would be getting it to PR and licensing it here. That would run you upwards of a grand and then it just might be cheaper to take it into the DR altogether from Florida.

Hmmm I'll check it out with a couple of friends and let you know later.

Thanks - I've already priced the freight at around $600 to go fom Miami to the Caribean. I understand that they will probably try to charge me like US5000k in taxes to bring it here based on a friends experience but I'm not really sure - it is a '98.