Pizza with Pineapple?

Feb 7, 2007
I love home made pizza with ham, corn and pepperoni and gouda cheese on top. Yummy. For takeout, the special of buy one get one almost free at papa John's, with double pepperoni, and second one with ham and Italian sausage.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
I love home made pizza with ham, corn and pepperoni and gouda cheese on top. Yummy. For takeout, the special of buy one get one almost free at papa John's, with double pepperoni, and second one with ham and Italian sausage.

Now we talking pizza........ plus the pepperoncini peppers that come with Papa John's ........

Actually i like brick oven pizza with fresh mozzarella y basil but that is asking a bit much for la rep dom.

Timotero

Bronze
Feb 25, 2011

Is there a Papa Johns in the DR? If so, where please? I’d like to give them a try. 

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
At a school cafeteria they would give us an occasional meal with ham with the little rainbow blotches and pineapple.

We called it Hawaiian Death.

Ditto ham and pineapple pizza .

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
A margherita available at any pizzaria in Dominicus or Bayahibe. ;)

Any idea if they would deliver to Santo Domingo? There is a Pizzarelli brick oven place in Agora Mall but theirs just don't have that great taste like from a small pizzeria.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
ah mis dios, i looked at the fotos of the food being served........... WOW, and just to think someone not long ago said good food can not be found in la rep dom. Do you know the bus schedule to Dominicus? LOL

It’s amazing. Anna took Mr AE and me there, scrumptious 

judypdr

Jul 23, 2011
Costambar
I love pizza with pineapple and ham. It's my favorite here in the DR. In the US, I liked hamburger and mushroom but the hamburger here tastes funny and the mushrooms are usually out of a can. I don't like pepperoni or anchovies or green peppers ever! But I love pizza crust of any type, thick, thin, stuffed, crispy, and the sauce and cheese! But I only eat it about once every three months...too many calories and no one to share!

suarezj519

May 14, 2014
I'm a fan of pineapple, jalapeños, and ham or pepperoni. I enjoy the mix of the sweet, savory, and spicy. Im not a big fan of sweet stuff, but pineapple is one of my favorite fruits. Also the corn on pizza thing to me is not weird at all. I see as something that could actually be popular on American pizza as well. Fortunately , I'm the only pineapple on pizza lover in my family and group of friends, so more for me haha.

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
Best for me is N.Y. style and Chicago deep dish.

Only thing worse than Pineapple and corn on pizza is Clamata juice in beer (For this offense I personally support capital punishment).

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
Pineapple on anything is good for me,even in salad or soup ..lovely,,

Worst pizza I ever had was always in Italy..

A skinny Frisbee of pastry with a scrape of sauce and two sprinkles of some sort of cheese and that's it...
Rubbish!!

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Best for me is N.Y. style and Chicago deep dish.

Only thing worse than Pineapple and corn on pizza is Clamata juice in beer (For this offense I personally support capital punishment).

Clamato and beer is like the nectar of the gods. Especially if your hung over. Then wash it down with a perfect Canadian ceaser and your good to go.