Place for lunch in Santiago?

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
......not to mention subway sandwich...and pizza hut , Santiago is becoming a haven for american junk food........
As compared to local pico pollo and pescado frito fast food places?

I never considered Subway "junk food."

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Terrific lunch place: La Cocina de Doña Mary on Calle 1 behind Supermercado Nacional on Sadhala Estrella in Santiago, really nice place & food, best fried chicken in town, pastelon is to die for.

Best ambiance: hard to beat the view at Camp David. The food is spendy but generally good. Fantastic postres.

Ret.Cop

Jun 17, 2017
For dinner: Spanish bar restaurant with terrace (Meson de la Tapa) on Av. Luperon Santiago, Plaza Gurabo next to Helado Bon half a mile north of Hache building on the left side. Also a very nice place for meetings.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
I'm a Dino in the PC world. How can I post a new post? I mean a new subject. Thx.

Hit forum up there by new posts, choose your category and it will pop up asking if you want to start a ne thread. Take it from there. Or if that doesn't work PM me.

Ret.Cop

Jun 17, 2017
Hit forum up there by new posts, choose your category and it will pop up asking if you want to start a ne thread. Take it from there. Or if that doesn't work PM me.

Thanks Derfish. I logged in new today although I’m an old member ( exeurodominican ).
Maybe because I’m new here again have to wait a while before I can post new ones.

Ret.Cop

Jun 17, 2017

I wanted to post this but it does not work for me. We use to have a meeting point ( Americans, Canadians and me, Dutch ) to have a drink together in Gurabo, Santiago. Unfortunately the little bar closed.

I havened seen the guys again since then. Now I have found another perfect place to meet again and have some gringo fun.

Maybe you can help me with this and post for me. It’s not spam but for the gringos living in Santiago it might be fun having again a meeting point (Very good food too BTW.)

This place is called “Meson de la Tapa”. The owner is a Spanish chef. It is a bar restaurant with a little terrace located at Av. Luperon in Plaza Gurabo just half a mile north of the building Hache on the left side next to Helado Bon.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
I wanted to post this but it does not work for me. We use to have a meeting point ( Americans, Canadians and me, Dutch ) to have a drink together in Gurabo, Santiago. Unfortunately the little bar closed.

I havened seen the guys again since then. Now I have found another perfect place to meet again and have some gringo fun.

Maybe you can help me with this and post for me. It’s not spam but for the gringos living in Santiago it might be fun having again a meeting point (Very good food too BTW.)

This place is called “Meson de la Tapa”. The owner is a Spanish chef. It is a bar restaurant with a little terrace located at Av. Luperon in Plaza Gurabo just half a mile north of the building Hache on the left side next to Helado Bon.

No need for a new thread, this one is fine, it´s the Central forum which covers Santiago, and the thread title covers your post well.

Ret.Cop

Jun 17, 2017

Oops, forgot the opening hours.
Monday –Saturday 17.00 – 24.00 hours.
Hope to see you there!